OCD Therapist As A Career?

I just had an ocd spike/breakdown, and I've decided something. I think I want to become an ocd therapist. This disorder can be hell, a waking nightmare, and I want to help others struggling.

I think that this is my calling. To help people see the light, and recover. To maybe even save lives.

Because nobody deserves this.

A noble cause indeed. To begin the training, any reputable provider will insist you yourself have been in recovery from OCD for a minimum of two years. This is to protect you. A career as a therapist is extremely rewarding. It's also incredibly challenging. Be honest with yourself and make sure you are truly ready before considering such a path.

Edited by OceanDweller
Spelling, naturally!
Just now, OceanDweller said:

A noble course indeed. To begin the training, any reputable provider will insist you yourself have been in recovery from OCD for a minimum of two years. This is to protect you. A career as a therapist is extremely rewarding. It's also incredibly challenging. Be honest with yourself and make sure you are truly ready before considering such a path.

Thank you for the advice! I'll be honest, I didn't consider the stressors that would come with it. Thank you for pointing those out! 

I'll do some thinking, and only approach it once I truly feel recovered.