Night time is worse

I've posted on here about intrusive thoughts and cut a long story short. At the moment it is based on my boyfriend's past.

So I am finding night time extremely difficult and I have always had trouble sleeping as it is.

I dread getting into bed even though it's also a time I love most because my boyfriend is very affectionate and without sounding soppy, he loves to cuddle. 

It can be such a awful time because as loving as he is. It is also when  he is less understanding and can get cross with me if I ask him questions about his past. Mainly because he is not good when tired. I understand that everyone is different and he doesn't act his best when has lack of sleep. This leads to us sometimes arguing and I then feel more anxious :/ 

Does anyone have any tips on things that could help me settle at night or atleast try and break this cycle 

Edited by LucyV

Hi Lucy. Again, I really can identify. I recall one relationship throughout which my girlfriend was unnecessarily candid about her previous sexual encounters, to the point of being quite boastful. Needless to say, she was binned.

All I can advise is if you have a partner who is generally sympathetic (even if slightly less so when exhausted) then that's about as much as we can hope for. The rest is up to us to manage.

I appreciate I'm not offering much by way of sage input. I don't have any answers. Because I'm still very much affected by the issues you describe. But, again, perhaps there is some solace in knowing that we are not alone.

15 hours ago, OceanDweller said:

Hi Lucy. Again, I really can identify. I recall one relationship throughout which my girlfriend was unnecessarily candid about her previous sexual encounters, to the point of being quite boastful. Needless to say, she was binned.

All I can advise is if you have a partner who is generally sympathetic (even if slightly less so when exhausted) then that's about as much as we can hope for. The rest is up to us to manage.

I appreciate I'm not offering much by way of sage input. I don't have any answers. Because I'm still very much affected by the issues you describe. But, again, perhaps there is some solace in knowing that we are not alone.

Hi oceanDweller.

Boastful...yuk. nobody needs that. 

I have encountered that too in a previous relationship and still to this day can't work out there reasoning to that but that is no longer my problem lol 

I totally agree that the knowledge we are not alone, helps in Its self :)