Treatment resistant OCD??

Hi, guys has anyone ever been diagnosed with treatment resistant OCD? I have been having CBT on weekly basis both private and NHS for the last 8 months with two great therapists. I have got my OCD at a more mangable level but it still consumes me at times. I had a review with my psychiatrist  and he diagnosed me with treatment resistant OCD, his answer for this was more meds (mood stabliers) and continue with CBT. Has anyone ever had any exprience with this? 

I haven't, but I've heard of a brain thing that they sometimes use for tr-ocd. I think it's like a pacemaker for your brain.

It's called Deep Brain Stimulation if you want to read more. I know there's a wikipedia article on it!

Edited by ashipinharbor

I don't believe in the concept of treatment resistant OCD. Either the therapist is not teaching you correctly or you are not fully engaging with what needs to be done. Thats the two scenarios.

I've seen lots of situations where there is too much emphasis on ERP and not enough on cognitive therapy and that's the therapists problem. I've also seen many situations where the sufferer is resistant to change , like reducing and stopping compulsions or not engaging with ERP. 

I think it's dangerous. I think it's not proven by any means. And why would someone want a doctor to probe around in their brain and hope they find the right place to put an electrode when there is a perfectly good, non-invasive proven fix available?

Edited by PolarBear
2 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

I think it's dangerous. I think it's not proven by any means. And why would someone want a doctor to probe around in their brain and hope they find the right place to put an electrode when there is a perfectly good, non-invasive proven fix available?

Makes sense. I have no horse in this race, obviously, I was just wondering.

CBT can work wonders, perform miracles. It should be what all sufferers turn to.