Relationship OCD. Anybody familiar?

Having a tough time. I love my partner deeply. I've started having thoughts about the past and if I've only stayed with him because of the OCD. For example say if I have been attracted to someone I haven't cheated because I'm madly in love but because my OCD has stopped me which feels wrong. The reason you shouldn't cheat on someone should be because you love them not because OCD is keeping you in check. 

You have to want to be with someone to stay together, if it isn't right or you don't feel it for them etc it never works long term.... that's why so many people split up eventually, whether it's a big reason that causes it or just something that isn't quite right for  it to last.  OCD won't keep a relationship going but wanting to be with a person does.

People without OCD have doubts etc in relationships all the time. Sometimes the relationship works out sometimes they don't work out..... it's just the nature of the game. It just means you are stuck thinking about it but if you decided to stay with him (and not cheat) then you must feel that you want to stay with him...OCD or no OCD.

Be thankful you have found someone that you can say you love deeply and that you have stayed faithful to.  If you're happy and he is too it'll continue like that :thumbup: