I had social anxiety since I remember after being moved to another place when I was a kid and got bullied really bad which I think triggered this, throughout my life I've had social anxiety, depression, ocd. Only recently has it got worse, after my voluntary job ended, a college course I was on. Now my anxiety. ocd has got the better of me and i'm not eating really, everytime if go to eat something I think something is wrong with my food and someone has poisoned me. If I get symptoms afterwards like a sore mouth, throat, stomach ache and other things i worry so much and worry that im going to get sick or soemthing bad is going to happen to me.. I'm having cbt soon in a week and i'm a bit worried about telling the therapist about my thoughts of people poisoning me or trying to harm me, should I mention this im so nervous about it   Also I have no idea what this really is these thoughts of someone trying to harm me, if it's ocd or something else. I'm just a little scared of telling anyone. 

Hi ladya :)

It sounds very much like OCD to me and I would encourage you to tell your therapist. It's incredibly likely that they will have heard of it before from other sufferers and they won't be suprised one bit. It's also very natural to be apprehensive about opening up, what we fear can be embarrassing, so to the compulsions we do to alleviate the anxiety but it's worth trusting your therapist will understand so they can help you to get better.

Yes definitely tell your therapist. They won't be able to help if they don't know what the problem is. 

I have a similar thing. I'm so terrified of vomiting that I don't trust anything I eat. Things will get better, it just takes hard work.

28 minutes ago, Gemma7 said:

Hi ladya :)

It sounds very much like OCD to me and I would encourage you to tell your therapist. It's incredibly likely that they will have heard of it before from other sufferers and they won't be suprised one bit. It's also very natural to be apprehensive about opening up, what we fear can be embarrassing, so to the compulsions we do to alleviate the anxiety but it's worth trusting your therapist will understand so they can help you to get better.

Yes, I do go over my thoughts a lot over and over in my head just to try and settle my mind, I will mention it to my therapist as im also a bit worried about not eating properly and losing a lot of weight over it and I do want to get better as im just tired of it ruining any enjoyment in my life. 

20 minutes ago, legalseagull said:

Yes definitely tell your therapist. They won't be able to help if they don't know what the problem is. 

I have a similar thing. I'm so terrified of vomiting that I don't trust anything I eat. Things will get better, it just takes hard work.

I will tell them as I want to get better, its just a fear i have of telling someone  i have these thoughts.