Sign in to follow this  
Daisy10

A new OCD blog

Hi, 

In what I hope will prove to be a successful attempt at turning a negative into a positive, I've decided to start writing a blog about OCD. I plan on writing any tips and advice I've picked up during my 24 year experience with OCD, from my therapist and books I've read. It'll also be for any musings I have on the topic of OCD (most of which are that it sucks and we all deserve to be flown to a private luxury island for the amount of stress we're put through day-to-day). Overall, I'd just like it to be something you can read to make you feel a little bit better about OCD and remind that you're not alone.

Since I've only just started this blog, I would welcome any topics or thoughts you'd like me to write about. All suggestions are welcome and hopefully I can provide something helpful or at least something to make you smirk. The blog is: https://hellnocd.wordpress.com/ if you'd like to take a look at what's there so far.

Thanks! 

Edited by Daisy10

Hi Daisy,

I've just taken a look, definitely made me smirk already! What a wonderful idea and I love your writing style. I hope you enjoy doing it. I know already that I will find it helpful, a great read and that I will feel better about OCD. 

Thank you! ? 

12 hours ago, Daisy10 said:

Hi, 

In what I hope will prove to be a successful attempt at turning a negative into a positive, I've decided to start writing a blog about OCD. I plan on writing any tips and advice I've picked up during my 24 year experience with OCD, from my therapist and books I've read. It'll also be for any musings I have on the topic of OCD (most of which are that it sucks and we all deserve to be flown to a private luxury island for the amount of stress we're put through day-to-day). Overall, I'd just like it to be something you can read to make you feel a little bit better about OCD and remind that you're not alone.

Since I've only just started this blog, I would welcome any topics or thoughts you'd like me to write about. All suggestions are welcome and hopefully I can provide something helpful or at least something to make you smirk. The blog is: https://hellnocd.wordpress.com/ if you'd like to take a look at what's there so far.

Thanks! 

Hi Daisy, 

I just went to read your blog again as I was thinking about ideas for you (as you asked on here about topics that you could write about) and I saw that the website for your blog has been deleted. I hope you're ok. Sorry if this is me being oversensitive (I am more anxious in the mornings) but I re-read my reply to you on this thread where your advertised your blog on the forum and I really hope you deleting your blog is not because of anything that I said to you in my reply to your post here. I was of course just being really positive about your blog and wanted to get across how great I thought it was but when I looked back at what I replied to you it's the first sentence that has caused me to worry. 

11 hours ago, Emsie said:

Hi Daisy,

I've just taken a look, definitely made me smirk already! What a wonderful idea and I love your writing style. I hope you enjoy doing it. I know already that I will find it helpful, a great read and that I will feel better about OCD. 

Thank you! ? 

So above is of course my reply, and when I said 'definitely made me smirk already!' I was just quoting one of your hopes for your blog that you talked about in your post here on the forum, because when I read your blog I thought it was great and it made me smile because you've got a great sense of humour in your writing. I really hope me saying that didn't come across in a wrong way, I was just being positive about your blog and your great writing style. I very much hope that I haven't caused offence and I really hope that you didn't delete your blog because of anything that I said. I'm really, really sorry if it was anything I said, I only wanted to get across to you how great I thought your blog was.

Best wishes,

Em 

Edited by Emsie

@Emsie Hey Emsie,

Not at all. Think your OCD may have made you panic a bit there. I understood your comment and took it as a huge compliment. I've changed the site address to thetriggeredmind.wordpress.com is all. There's a couple more posts up there now if you need some reading material to distract your mind a bit :)

Edited by Daisy10

Hi Daisy,

I'm so relieved. Yes you're absolutely right my OCD made me panic. As Roy on here says I did 2+2 and I got 5! So glad you understood my comment, I meant it as a huge compliment and so glad that's how you saw it.

I'm so glad you're still doing your blog and it was just a change of address. I do need to distract my mind a bit right now as I'm all over the place so thank you, I'll take a read of your new posts on your blog. 

Thank you for getting back to me. Enjoy doing the blog. It's such a wonderful thing to do.?