Im really sorry to have to say this to all my forum friends and I’m sorry if I’ve let you down.  I just wanted to let you know that I won’t be using the forum for a while. Unfortunately I’m having a bit of a setback with one thing and another, I know I’ve been slowly slipping back for a while now, mostly due to emotional personal circumstances, but I didn’t want to believe it. I tried to carry on regardless. I need to try to get myself back to a good place before coming back on the forum. I’m not feeling in the best of places to offer help, support and advice and cheer you on. 

Sorry guys for letting you down, take care of yourselves and once I’m feeling back in a good place I will return to the forum. 

Lost. 

You have nothing to be sorry for Lost, you're not letting anyone down. It's so important that you look after yourself. I'm so sorry you're having a bit of a set back. I wish you all the best with everything lovely lady. Take care of yourself and look forward to you being here when you can too.

Sending you all my best wishes, 

Em X

Edited by Emsie

Hi lost. 

Here is a place of give and take. We take when we need to and, when we feel we can give, we do so. 

Take some time out and remember, our true character always shines through - things are sent to try us, and trying they most certainly can be - and we all experience tough times, times when setbacks drag us down. 

Don't try to work things out yourself, when you have fantastic resource available through your friends here - informed opinion is incredibly useful. 

:flowers2:

Your good friend 

Roy :king:

Hi Lost,

sorry to hear your struggling so much, I wish you well. Please remember that these boards are about give and take and if you need the support rather than giving it then that's what people are here for. Your doing nothing wrong by leaning on us.

Don't be away too long, all the best

Avo

Lostie, you haven’t let us down. You put a lot of time into making sure we are all ok and cheering us on. You deserve to put yourself first and practice self care. We will miss you while you are taking time away, but you have to do what is right for you. I’m sorry to hear you are struggling, I really hope things sort themselves out for you.

Look after yourself Lost :) 

Always here for a chat if you need it.

Storm x

Hi lost, I'm sorry that your are feeling this way right now. Never feel the need to apologise, I've only been here a short while but I believe that you have brought such positivity to this forum. 

It's important that you take the time you need for yourself to get to a better place, but remember that we are all here for you as and when you need to talk or just say Hi.  

Take care of yourself, Lisa x

Why on earth do you need to apologise for that? You're perfectly entitled to have a break; it's what you need, it's your personal needs and that's absolutely fine. :) Please don't feel you have to say sorry. :hug:

C x

Hi Lost, you haven't let anyone down at all. You are actually one of the nicest forum members around.

Go take a break. Don't worry too much and don't be too attached to anything. Life is all about balance and knowing when to let go. Same thing with OCD, all of us sufferers and ex-sufferers are trying our best to reclaim our lives, bringing back balance, adding peace and joy to once where there was only anxiety, guilt and fear.

Always be kind and gentle to yourself.

You, me and all the forum members here have achieved what Howard Hughes with all his money and power couldn't do, that is to realise that OCD is all an illusion, a lie and not real. 

So be proud of yourself and hold your head up high. Once you have regained your strength, come back and share with us your tips and experiences.

Your Friend - St Mike

Hi again Lost,

I just want to add that I really hope that everything sorts itself out for you soon and that I'm thinking of you. We will of course miss you but it's so important that you take this time out to focus on your wellbeing and to do what's best for you. Always here for you if you need a chat. 

Take care lovely lady.

Em X 

Edited by Emsie

I am thinking of you lost - you are right up there amongst my OCD-UK members friends, and the forum users :hug:

Meanwhile I will try and keep the "lostinme"  cheerleader's flag flying, on the forums and in my personal dealings with other sufferers :comptech:  :cheer:

The amount of people that really care on   this forum is very inspiring. 

I hope things turn out well for you lost, looks like you have great friends here!

Edited by Gary.p

The very most important thing is the mental health and wellbeing of the sufferer.

And there are times when it is going to be better for them not to be active on the forum. 

I shall miss lost, but needs must and all that. 

I'm already starting to miss Lost. She's like a burst of sunshine when giving her comments and advice. Furthermore with her away, who is going to listen to my "Long Long time ago" stories? lol. Anyway, hope everything's well, Lost. 

Take Care 

Mike

Edited by St Mike

Hi forum friends, thank you so much! I am so overwhelmed by all of your well wishes!

I didnt want to appear rude and just disappear from the forum without an explanation to my disappearance, I wasn’t sure how long I would be away for, that’s why I posted my thread, sorry I stayed away for a while, but I really needed the time out. I was having a difficult time with some life emotional events and I was in a very low mood and not in the right frame of mind to post or read any of your threads. I thought I was coping with everything but unfortunately I wasn’t and in the process I was slowly slipping back, but I don’t think I wanted to admit it to myself. Self loathe, depression slipped back in and I stopped having pride in my self appearance etc. I was a worthless person with no prospects to work towards or achieve, it’s a long story but it led to a downward spiral. I realise that life’s stresses and emotional events will have an impact on us greatly and will have a knock on effect on our ocd recovery, this is where we have to learn also. Over the last few days I’ve done plenty of soul searching and thinking to some how accept, over come or view these real life issues to try to deal with them in a better frame of mind. Im starting to work on myself again today, putting my makeup on taking pride in my appearance and going to go out again. We have to learn to accept things that we can not change and the courage to change the things we can. I’m working through each one slowly and trying to change the things I can and accepting the things I can’t. Ive learnt we need to learn to handle some things differently with different emotions, our usual response to any life issues is one of high anxiety and this is not always the case. 

I’m still feeling very fragile at the moment, but the good news I’m working through it and feel able to rejoin the forum again.

Hope your are all keeping well and ok, 

Best wishes as always, lost. 

1 hour ago, lostinme said:

We have to learn to accept things that we can not change and the courage to change the things we can. I’m working through each one slowly and trying to change the things I can and accepting the things I can’t. Ive learnt we need to learn to handle some things differently with different emotions, our usual response to any life issues is one of high anxiety and this is not always the case. 

I am so glad you are doing this lost and feel able to rejoin the forum. I think we were lost without you :flowers2:

Edited by taurean
2 hours ago, Avo said:

Hi Lost

Sorry you going through hard times at the moment,  if you need to lean on people here then that's fine by us. Never feel bad for that. 

nice to have you back

Avo

Thank you so much Avo, for your kind words :) it means a lot

lost 

Hi Lost,

I'm so sorry you are going through a difficult time right now. I'm so glad you're working through it and you feel able to come back on the forum. We are all here for you if you need anything.

Its so lovely to have you back. You are so strong, lovely lady, and you will work through it all.

Sending you all of my best wishes. X

Edited by Emsie
51 minutes ago, Emsie said:

Hi Lost,

I'm so sorry you are going through a difficult time right now. I'm so glad you're working through it and you feel able to come back on the forum. We are all here for you if you need anything.

Its so lovely to have you back. You are so strong, lovely lady, and you will work through it all.

Sending you all of my best wishes. X

Bless you Emsie Thankyou, your all so kind and lovely ? it’s really appreciated all the caring support from my forum friends x