3 hours ago, St Mike said:

Welcome back Lost, I am so glad you are back. Try your best to take things easy and you can count on us if you need a listening ear.

Thankyou so much St Mike you are so kind, it’s really nice to be back, but I’m taking things a little steady at the moment :)

I realised something really amazing yesterday, before starting cbt, when I’ve had a setback and the depression strikes me it would usually take anything from 2/3/4 months or more before my mood even slightly lifted. So after only 4 days being able to turn myself around again is great :) this helps me to see the changes I’ve made and just how far I’ve come on my journey, so it’s definately worth fighting for, I never want to go back to where I was before :( I can do this :cheer:

3 hours ago, taurean said:

It's brilliant, and it is something to which I am still working myself.

So well done lost :)

Thank you so much Roy :) to be honest when I was in the throws of things I didn’t even think about it, but subconsciously I must have been thinking about things I’d been taught. I just woke up on Wednesday morning and I some how accepted things, it is what it is and they are what they are and all this worrying and fretting won’t change anything. It’s like learning all over again how to deal with so many different new emotions that’s been suppressed for so long, because we tend to deal with everything in the same over anxious state and not with the true emotions that accompany the problems or worry. 

Hope you are ok and keeping well :yes:

5 hours ago, lostinme said:

So after only 4 days being able to turn myself around again is great :) this helps me to see the changes I’ve made and just how far I’ve come on my journey, so it’s definately worth fighting for, I never want to go back to where I was before :( I can do this :cheer:

Yes, you can! :) 

With practise the turn around gets easier and faster until a wobble can last as little as a few seconds before you're fully back on top of things again. :)  You're doing brilliantly, keep going! 

8 hours ago, snowbear said:

Yes, you can! :) 

With practise the turn around gets easier and faster until a wobble can last as little as a few seconds before you're fully back on top of things again. :)  You're doing brilliantly, keep going! 

Thank you snow! Wow ? wouldn’t that be fantastic, a wobble lasting only a few seconds instead of days :) can’t wait to reach that point. I’ve gone from a wobble lasting months, to weeks and then days so it shows how far I’ve come. I think each time we have a wobble, even though we don’t realise it at the time, that’s where our subconscious remembers all the things we’ve been taught, so it teaches us how to overcome things better next time :yes:

6 hours ago, taurean said:

Golly, just imagine - a wobble of only a few seconds :confused1: - but the four-day "jibbers" is pretty good Lost. 

You can do this :cheer::king:

Thank you Roy! We can do this :cheer:imagine a wobble lasting a few seconds instead of day, wouldn’t that be great :yes:

Hi lost 

What I see is a woman progressing as she learns. 

I wanted you to see that you needed to put each other worry /concern into its own mental box, and apply rational sensible consideration, then refuse to worry about it. Worries tackled individually and pragmatically are much easier to handle. 

I think this is also a key for you. 

I think I might write another piece on worry, as so many of us struggle with it at the moment. 

There is a technique called "blue sky thinking"  that we deployed this week. 

Essentially, if something isn't going right, and all the usual solutions are being tried, we take time out, take up a detached position, "open our minds up to the sky"  - let all kinds of possibilities, however apparently daft or unworkable, come and go. 

Then, something may leap out and be worthy of following up. 

We did this on a particular problem, and two other ideas to try became apparent. 

We tried these. By doing this, the real cause of the problem, after some third party discussion and phonecalls, became revealed, and can now be addressed. 

6 minutes ago, taurean said:

Hi lost 

What I see is a woman progressing as she learns. 

I wanted you to see that you needed to put each other worry /concern into its own mental box, and apply rational sensible consideration, then refuse to worry about it. Worries tackled individually and pragmatically are much easier to handle. 

I think this is also a key for you. 

Yes I think your right Roy! this is an individual working progress, only we can work through things ourselves, because everyone’s OCD is unique to themselves and so is the learning process what works for one doesn’t work for all. I strongly believe that we have to have some setbacks on our journey because this teaches us how to handle and over come problems we encounter in the future. 

Thankyou to both you and snow, you both taught me regarding this, finally it’s sunk in :lol: not saying I’m a little slow :a1_cheesygrin: and now I’m beginning to acknowledge and learn from it :yes:

I too owe an awful lot to snowbear, and also to Caramoole. :worthy:

They listened and worked with me to understand my constantly-repeating intrusive thoughts - no professional I, or indeed my sister, have consulted seem to have come up with a real practical understanding and ideas re that. 

So glad you are doing better :king:

15 hours ago, lostinme said:

Thankyou so much St Mike you are so kind, it’s really nice to be back, but I’m taking things a little steady at the moment :)

I realised something really amazing yesterday, before starting cbt, when I’ve had a setback and the depression strikes me it would usually take anything from 2/3/4 months or more before my mood even slightly lifted. So after only 4 days being able to turn myself around again is great :) this helps me to see the changes I’ve made and just how far I’ve come on my journey, so it’s definately worth fighting for, I never want to go back to where I was before :( I can do this :cheer:

You are most welcome Lost. I see you as a flower that is about to bloom and I want to encourage you as much as I can. The reason I joined this forum is to encourage and help people, especially those that are trying very hard.

As I have mentioned before, life is all about balance. I used to be a highly-strung individual, prone to worry, anxiety and guilt. I realised gradually, that there is more to life than worry, anxiety and guilt. I started to change my mindset and did different mindful and meaningful modifications to my behaviour. I became less matrialistic, more spiritual and more forgiving towards myself. I Iearned to let go and love through Buddhist mindfulness and loving kindness meditation. I realised that it is the here and now that matters not something or some event that has already happened in the past or yet to happen in the future. This change in mindset was one of the main reasons I was able to recover. Now, I am no saint, at least not until a couple of hundred lifetimes later lol, I experience the full range of emotions throughout the day. I still get angry and sometimes utter a swear word or two, just like a regular bloke, however, I don't hold on to the anger or negative emotions, at the end of the day, all that matters, is peace and joy at knowing that myself and the people I love and care for are doing ok.

You should be proud of yourself that your hardwork and adhering diligently to your CBT is starting to pay off. Once you have established a firm foundation to how you deal with intrusive thoughts and depressive thoughts and emotions, the chances of falling back are slim and you always recover faster than anyone whose mind is untrained to deal with such thoughts and emotions.

Do your best Lost, do it with firmness and determination but at the sametime being kind and gentle towards yourself, Balance is the key, you will succeed.

- Mike

Edited by St Mike
3 hours ago, taurean said:

I too owe an awful lot to snowbear, and also to Caramoole. :worthy:

They listened and worked with me to understand my constantly-repeating intrusive thoughts - no professional I, or indeed my sister, have consulted seem to have come up with a real practical understanding and ideas re that. 

So glad you are doing better :king:

I am Roy, just one day at a time though :yes: I havnt quite got my jiggle :fool:back, but I’m working on it.

Its amazing all the support I’ve recieved here on the forum from both sufferers, ex sufferers and moderators as all helped me immensely :yes:

3 hours ago, St Mike said:

You are most welcome Lost. I see you as a flower that is about to bloom and I want to encourage you as much as I can. The reason I joined this forum is to encourage and help people, especially those that are trying very hard.

As I have mentioned before, life is all about balance. I used to be a highly-strung individual, prone to worry, anxiety and guilt. I realised gradually, that there is more to life than worry, anxiety and guilt. I started to change my mindset and did different mindful and meaningful modifications to my behaviour. I became less matrialistic, more spiritual and more forgiving towards myself. I Iearned to let go and love through Buddhist mindfulness and loving kindness meditation. I realised that it is the here and now that matters not something or some event that has already happened in the past or yet to happen in the future. This change in mindset was one of the main reasons I was able to recover. Now, I am no saint, at least not until a couple of hundred lifetimes later lol, I experience the full range of emotions throughout the day. I still get angry and sometimes utter a swear word or two, just like a regular bloke, however, I don't hold on to the anger or negative emotions, at the end of the day, all that matters, is peace and joy at knowing that myself and the people I love and care for are doing ok.

You should be proud of yourself that your hardwork and adhering diligently to your CBT is starting to pay off. Once you have established a firm foundation to how you deal with intrusive thoughts and depressive thoughts and emotions, the chances of falling back are slim and you always recover faster than anyone whose mind is untrained to deal with such thoughts and emotions.

Do your best Lost, do it with firmness and determination but at the sametime being kind and gentle towards yourself, Balance is the key, you will succeed.

- Mike

Oh bless you Mike you are so kind, I like being described as a flower ? so that I have the room to bloom and grow :yes:

I think it’s amazing ? how you share your journey, your kind words of encouragement and all the things that has helped you become an ex-sufferer to try help us other sufferers keep moving forward. You are an inspiration and it really does help :yes: so thank you so much for sharing this. 

I do believe that changing our mindset, is a big part of our recovery and I’m working on it :yes: and I’m slowly getting better at it. I am a very determined person that doesn’t like to give up, so maybe it is this what helps to keep me motivated and keep fighting, I never want to go back to where I was. 

kindest regards always, lost.