Pills part....whatever

When I was taking a huge dose of tranquillisers daily (obviously sedated) I was exhausted all the time.

Now from 40mg a day to 4mg a day I'm exhausted because I haven't have a decent night's sleep for months.

I used to take a pill to sleep if I woke up in the night (Lorazepam) but I can't and won't do that now as part of the commitment I've made.

I hope my sleep improves soon but believe me please DO not go down the tranquilliser path I and others have been down unless it crisis or short-term.

Best wishes, Phil.

Edited by PhilM

Hi PhilM, hope your keeping well and your doing ok :)

Ive just been on a mindfulness course and every night when I get in bed I do what they call the full body scan which should take 40 minutes, but usually I’m asleep well before the 40 mins is up. It’s definitely a great beneficial tool for me :yes: have you ever tried mindfulness? It might help you too? 

Best wishes, lost. 

Hi Phil,

I was treated in hospital for diazepam use, once I was off them it took about 6 months to a year before I could sleep properly. Hope it is different for you.

Edited by Bodger
Guest David green
37 minutes ago, Bodger said:

Hi Phil,

I was treated in hospital for diazepam use, once I was off them it took about 6 months to a year before I could sleep properly. Hope it is different for you.

Same here bodger man i was in a state back then but i came off them without tapering i didnt even know about tapering back then.Like phil said everybody please be careful with these meds only if you really really need to.Ill be honest i loved the med but complete different story once off them.4mg thats great phil slowly but surely :)

The bodyscan meditation is good. I also have guided meditations on the phone by download, plus also by CD (player by bedside)  thst calm and relax me.

Easing my mind down by reading before lightsout is helpful too. 

10 hours ago, David green said:

Same here bodger man i was in a state back then but i came off them without tapering i didnt even know about tapering back then.Like phil said everybody please be careful with these meds only if you really really need to.Ill be honest i loved the med but complete different story once off them.4mg thats great phil slowly but surely :)

I didn't taper off them either for medical reasons.  Was taking up to 200mg a day........(prescribed 40mg), was in a bad way.  Been off them 2 years and am back too normal now.

Edited by Bodger

Phil - Yes 200mg of valium!! Was prescribed 40 but used to overdose as was too addicted, also used to drink alcohol with it!! I was in a bad way with my OCD and didn't want to live. I nearly did kill myself, hence withdrawal in hospital.

I am in a good place now, been clean and sober 2 years now. OCD is better than it was and I want to live now, even go as far as saying I enjoy life!

If I can get there from where I was, you can too.

5 hours ago, Bodger said:

I am in a good place now, been clean and sober 2 years now. OCD is better than it was and I want to live now, even go as far as saying I enjoy life!

If I can get there from where I was, you can too.

That’s great news Bodger, well done you’ve done amazing ? 

You do know, Phil, that you must reward yourself when you are completely off the meds. 'Tis the right thing to do. Choose a reward and set it as a goal. A nice evening out? Dinner at a favorite restaurant? A weekend getaway? 

Every spare penny we have at the moment is going towards forthcoming IVF treatment (obviously I have the odd beer with friends) so my reward might be small which is cool.

A little baby with this lovely wife of mine would make my world as I never thought I'd be able to be a dad despite my paternal instincts because of OCD.