Moving anxiety - not sure if this is the right place to post this

Hi everyone. You might know that I’ve been dealing with OCD thoughts surrounding my relationship with my boyfriend. It’s been... a bit better lately. We’re moving to a different state in less than a month because he got a great job, and my anxiety is so high right now. This is going to turn into a rant and I’m sorry. 

It’s not even just anxiety related to him or our relationship, it’s also anxiety about money, change, packing, unpacking, selling things, and just about everything else involved. I get obsessed about every little thing and it stresses me out so much. 

I’m excited about moving but also really scared, and doubtful, and while logically I know this is normal I keep wondering if i should JUST be excited? Does it mean anything about our relationship that I’m also scared and doubtful? Just typing that I KNOW it’s normal but I can’t help but worry about it. 

What if I get sick of him while I’m there? What if he annoys me? Any time I even get a little annoyed with him I freak out thinking it means something even though I know it’s totally normal to be annoyed by your SO! It’s so frustrating and I’m trying to stop worrying about it but I just can’t! 

I get frustrated if I feel like he’s not doing enough to help even though he is. Then I feel bad about being frustrated and beat myself up about it even though I know it’s normal to get frustrated. And it doesn’t mean anything. 

I cant even have normal emotions (that mean nothing about the love I feel for him or the quality of our relationship) without stressing out about those emotions. I don’t know what to do. I try to just let the thoughts be and not analyze, but it also frustrates me because I just want to be happy and excited about this opportunity. 

Again, I’m reallt sorry about this post. I’m sure it’s just all rumination and rambling but I don’t know where else to do this. ?

13 minutes ago, constantworrier1989 said:

I’m excited about moving but also really scared, and doubtful, and while logically I know this is normal I keep wondering if i should JUST be excited? Does it mean anything about our relationship that I’m also scared and doubtful? Just typing that I KNOW it’s normal but I can’t help but worry about it. 

I am not sure from your post if this is OCD fuelled or just normal anxiety that most people will have when moving out of area, it's scary for many people and will be full of doubts.  Of course, for someone with OCD that normal anxiety may be significantly fuelled, but I am not sure if this is OCD or 'normal' anxiety.

It's difficult, but if you can I would try and accept the fact you will have doubts and be anxious... I would only worry about those doubts and anxiety if you have them days after moving. 

15 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I am not sure from your post if this is OCD fuelled or just normal anxiety that most people will have when moving out of area, it's scary for many people and will be full of doubts.  Of course, for someone with OCD that normal anxiety may be significantly fuelled, but I am not sure if this is OCD or 'normal' anxiety.

It's difficult, but if you can I would try and accept the fact you will have doubts and be anxious... I would only worry about those doubts and anxiety if you have them days after moving. 

So if I have doubts and anxiety after moving it might mean something about my relationship? Or do you just mean “worry” about them as in try to tackle them from an OCD perspective?

30 minutes ago, constantworrier1989 said:

Or do you just mean “worry” about them as in try to tackle them from an OCD perspective?

Exactly.

It may be you decide your worries right now are because of OCD, if you decide that then tackle them now when you can.... but it could be the anxiety and worry is just normal for moving that most people would have.