Anxious/Relapse

Hi all, had a good few weeks and I’ve felt a lot better, however this past week has been a tough struggle and I feel like a bit of support is needed. So the past few weekends I’ve been out regularly and drank and also stupidly I know taken drugs, I know it’s silly and it’s not good for my anxiety I’ve realised that, but the past few weekends of going out have caught up on me and I’ve noticed a huge increase in my anxiety and ive paid a lot more attention to my intrusive thoughts. The intrusive thoughts have all came back at once and it’s been hard to dismiss them as it’s a range of Harm, Sexual, Pocd and schizophrenia obsessions etc and as it’s been a few months now without the intrusive thoughts being so strong I’ve found it hard to cope and dismiss them, also I was wondering is it normal to get new intrusive thoughts as this has made my anxiety increase too and I’ve been wanting to seek reassurance by telling my loved ones about each new thought I get but I know it won’t help I now any way. The past few days have been a struggle and I’ve tried hard not too seek any reassurance but with the anxiety increase it’s made me feel down.

Hi Kieran. You don't specify what substances you've been taking, but as a past-life connoisseur(!) I can probably guess. You can't trust your brain in the wake of these drug-fuelled episodes. They are profoundly mind-altering, not just whilst you're under their influence but for some time afterwards. I reached a point at which I couldn't tolerate the aftereffects any longer. I could sense that I was going slowly mad. I would never suggest to anyone that they re-evaluate their lifestyle choices. That's definitely not my place. Just be aware that all the anxiety and unpleasant thoughts you're experiencing are a direct consequence of your recent dalliances. Try not to pay them too much attention. But do have a brief muse over whether the buzz is worth the grief.

27 minutes ago, OceanDweller said:

Hi Kieran. You don't specify what substances you've been taking, but as a past-life connoisseur(!) I can probably guess. You can't trust your brain in the wake of these drug-fuelled episodes. They are profoundly mind-altering, not just whilst you're under their influence but for some time afterwards. I reached a point at which I couldn't tolerate the aftereffects any longer. I could sense that I was going slowly mad. I would never suggest to anyone that they re-evaluate their lifestyle choices. That's definitely not my place. Just be aware that all the anxiety and unpleasant thoughts you're experiencing are a direct consequence of your recent dalliances. Try not to pay them too much attention. But do have a brief muse over whether the buzz is worth the grief.

Hi, I understand fully the effects will have and at times I’m stupid, the fact that I go out with my friends and the influence of it is bad enough, I really do need to put my foot down and start looking at the positive options rather than actions that are going to worsen my anxiety