Today I was filled with so much anxiety and throughout the day thought about what bothered me and didn’t want to but failed. Last week I had a bad ocd episode and have struggled to move on from it. Do you ever just feel there are some things that haunt you and won’t go away? Like what bothered me during the Summer seemed to come back after I had somehow got passed it and now new thoughts or what seem like worrisome possibilities are killing me. Can anyone relate? Thanks 

Edited by Nikki79

But it’s taking months and keeps changing the nature of the worry tho everyone says it’s the same thing Polarbear. How come you last Sunday night when I had thoughts that were strong about my fear that this is the same as last Summer?

Edited by Nikki79

OCD morphs and changes over time. The more you think about obsessions, the more your brain will come up with twists and turns, making it seem new all over again, every time. It's still all the same old thing. It's obsessions that cause distress and lead to compulsions.

My OCD reinvents itself constantly. I've had many many different kinds of obsessions over the years. Every time I dealt with a theme and it went away, not long after something new popped up. It still does. And sometimes I return to old obsessions even when I think they are done with. So what PB said sounds right to me. Also OCD isn't going to disappear easily. But it can be done.

The past few days it has just been going around and around my head and I feel disassociated from everything and exhausted. I can’t understand how it can feel ok sometimes and other times I just feel like life isn’t worth living. I’m waking up with panicky feelings and it’s got me so down:

Hi Jennie I am but went today and just felt a bit ‘meh’ after. Stupid I know but like they basically just tell you how to treat the thoughts but in practice that is so difficult. I mean your fear as you well know can feel like that you are almost pulling a child in from traffic so they don’t get hit...The terror it can make you experience 

Hi Jennie I was reading some of your posts I think your thoughts are a lot like mine. For example I am meeting my niece for the first time in a month and I will be terrified holding her however I can’t wait to meet her at only 5 months old. I did actually try some loving kindness meditations in the past however when depression and ocd flared up I stopped all the good stuff.