Hi everyone, not posted on here in ages as I have been able to manage my OCD and live a fairly normal life. A bit of background info, I've had OCD since 2011 with false memories being my main theme since 2015, recently my theme has changed and I could do with a bit of help and insight. I used to be scared that I'd done all these terrible things but now my brain has done a u turn and instead of being convinced I've already done things, my mind is convincing me I now want to do bad things and it's scaring me as it feels so real. It feels like my values have changed over night and I have become a bad person. I know that OCD makes things feel real but I hate feeling like I actually want to do bad stuff, what should I do to make it go away? Is it still OCD when it feels like you actually want to do bad things? Please help, in the past I was petrified of having already done bad things, now it feels like I actually want to do them :(

The actual content of the OCD thoughts doesn't matter when it comes to treatment. It's the same procedure: ceasing to perform compulsions, including ruminating upon and analyzing the content of your OCD. 

Edited by ohwhyhello

Compulsions are anything you do to try to rid yourself of your anxiety however they only work for an short period of time until you find yourself performing the next compulsion. Main compulsions in ocd are:

Ruminating (constantly analysing and over thinking thoughts, trying to work stuff out or make sense of something)

Reassurance seeking

Avoidance