Snowdog here

Hey guys hope you are well..

i would love to have your support today forums friends... because ive come a long way since I spoke to you lot in the summer.. i thought I come on today and let you know we’re i am right now I’m really scared right now has I’m sat outside work waiting to go in for my first day back at WORK that’s right I’m going back to work for the first time in 5 years.. I’m very scared because how bad my Ocd has been has and you all know about my harm intrusive thoughts ... so since I spoke to u all ive had lots of cbt and now I’m at the stage I can go back to work I think .. the reason I’m scared because no one knows I have Ocd at work and no support so I would love some support from you guys today because I’ve never had to deal with Ocd in work so this is my next stage so I don’t want to expect.. xx

snow xx 

Hello Snowdog,

Well done on getting to the stage of being able to return to work, that's a massive achievement after 5 years away. In terms of OCD I think you should deal with it as you would no matter where you are. Use the techniques you have learned in CBT and put them into practise as I am sure you have already been doing these past months.. I don't think you need to do anything different on that score. Be confident in your ability- you have already come along way!

Also don't expect too much of yourself work wise, you have been away a while and it will take you time as it would anyone to get back into things. Take things step by step.

I don't know what you do for work but it you may well find it a distraction in itself by being back there.

Good Luck

Avo. 

39 minutes ago, Snowdog said:

i would love to have your support today forums friends... because ive come a long way since I spoke to you lot in the summer.. i thought I come on today and let you know we’re i am right now I’m really scared right now has I’m sat outside work waiting to go in for my first day back at WORK that’s right I’m going back to work for the first time in 5 years.. I’m very scared because how bad my Ocd has been has and you all know about my harm intrusive thoughts ... so since I spoke to u all ive had lots of cbt and now I’m at the stage I can go back to work I think .. the reason I’m scared because no one knows I have Ocd at work and no support so I would love some support from you guys today because I’ve never had to deal with Ocd in work so this is my next stage so I don’t want to expect.. xx

snow xx 

Amazing stuff Snow, so glad you've decided you're well enough to go back to work, harm is one of my themes also, so I understand the fear completely. But you can do it :) just keep those compulsions and ruminating at bay and you'll be fine! Xx

Fantastic news and although i dont know you personally (I only joined the forum in August) i am so so pleased for you. You have obviously been on a hard journey but have managed to come out the other side. This in itself is amazing and gives me hope for my own future. I graduated this year with the hope of finding employment but OCD thinks otherwise.

Take all you have achieved and be proud and most of all stay strong. Wishing you all the best and know that we are always hear to support you, Lisa x

Hi snow. 

Be strong and don't give belief to any intrusions that may come calling as it may be a stressful situation at first. 

You have support from your friends here, all the very best. 

Roy 

Edited by taurean
3 hours ago, Snowdog said:

snow xx 

Hiya my lovely ? this was so good to read :yes: just look at how far you’ve come and what you’ve achieved already, this is absolutely fantastic news. Be proud, very proud snow ❄️ I’m so pleased and so proud of you :) how amazing back to work after five years away. I really can’t say enough to you, just look where you was a few months ago and where you are now, you can do this :cheer:

Remember someone without OCD would also be feeling exactly the same as you are now, anxious at returning back to work and meeting new people, it’s a perfectly normal response, so try not worry. Try to remember what you’ve learnt in cbt and apply it the same at work. I’m sure when you start working your anxiety will reduce and it will be a good distraction for you. 

It’s so nice to hear your doing so well snow ❄️ the forum hasn’t been the same without you, our little ray of sunshine ☀️ hopefully one day we will be able to have a catch up :comptech:

Wishing you all the very best for a really good day and plenty more to come xx