Hello everyone hope your all well. 

Im just writing this post really to see if anyone else is experiencing same issues as myself with similar symptoms. So let’s start. So I recently undertaken a level 2 plumbing course in September. But finding myself academically falling behind. In most of my practical sessions and theory I’m just completely mind blank. My mind is just elsewhere. I’ll give you a example.

The other week had a practical session and had to measure some pipe, so got the tape out and started to measure the pipe for cutting, then tutor came over and explained  to me I need to take some measurement off. My mind was completely utterly blank. I didnt even know what he was on about when he said take off 180 from this. There has also been times when I’ve just put a tape against something then removed it before marking out. This really isn’t normal behaviour to me. 

I went to doctors few months ago and explained what effect these behaviours was having on me, and he prescribed me some tablets. Don’t really have a lot of faith in tablets as in the past found I’ve been on them but haven’t really had any effective results, also had thyroid check to see if that had impact on anything. If it’s not this with my college work, it’s my retaining in the information and interpreting what words mean when reading things online etc. Apologies if I’ve gone off on a tangent. This might not make a lot of sense which apologises if your one of those readers. Any advice would be highly appreciated. 

Many thanks in advance 

cheers 

Ben 

Hi Sophie, thanks for your post. 

I’m currently not taking any medication at present, just trying to manage with natural techniques. But coming to the point where I think it will probably help while studying this course. Currently on waiting list as well for CBT and hope when that gets going things to start to work out better. Thanks again for your advice.

Cheers Ben