If only I could have my life again

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest ive visited doctors and taken meds since I was 17 im now 42 and im questioning the fundamentals of life and my remaining time left on this mortal coil,im approaching the time when you have to say goodbye to some of your loved ones and that's something I dread,i always felt hope that I could find my reason for being(I cant spell the French version) lol

2 hours ago, bruces said:

I'm not sure theres an awful lot of issues and I am 42 now 

What if CBT could eliviate SOME of those issues? Wouldn’t that be nice, to have less issues? Nobody walks around in this life with no issues, everybody has something going on for them. It sounds like u can’t be bothered to make the effort to help yourself, but nobody else can do it for u. 

You are still alive so you have a life :).

You can still live it, you might need more help to live it to the full but it can happen! If you are in good physical health then it's quite possible that you have 40-50 years to live and they can be wonderful years!

17 minutes ago, bruces said:

It's weird in a morning when you wake up and your ok for a few seconds then everything just hits you at once and you kind of get that feeling of dread and fear wash over you,then it's there for the full day 

Your thoughts dictate your emotions bruces. You’re waking up, examining your life and catastrophising. Some of the undesirable aspects of your lot you may be able to change. Some you may not. But with therapy you can learn to modify your ATTITUDE towards life, and in doing so feel more optimistic. That, in turn, will encourage you take action on those elements that can be changed. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy works on thoughts, feelings and behaviours, and is exactly what you need. Currently all you seem to do is post on forums about how unhappy you are with your life. That’s called moaning. It can also be described as self-pitying. And it won’t help you one bit.

Edited by OceanDweller
47 minutes ago, bruces said:

I'm going to go to the doctors,can anybody relate to feeling mentally lost? 

I reckon everyone with ocd can relate to this feeling at some point. Thing is, we need to decide not to settle for it! Hope all goes well at the doctors, remember once ur at the bottom the only way is up x

5 hours ago, bruces said:

No I suppose it's a habit I've got into over the years and an unhealthy one at that,I suppose the most frustrating thing is that I put myself here,isn't hindsight a winflderful thing 

Worth thinking about that Bruce's.  "I put myself here", "It's a habit I've got into"

:yes: Your thoughts and thought process have created and maintained this situation........it also stands to reason that your thoughts and thought process are capable of being changed to beneficial ones, you have the power, you are what you think!

30 minutes ago, bruces said:

I know and I'm not hard done to by any means but I'm just absolutely terrified of life 

It's not surprising, because that is what you tell yourself in every waking moment.  There's an old saying that says "Change the record!", and without being facetious, that's exactly what you need to do :)

On 06/12/2017 at 07:49, bruces said:

It's an odd one I think about my mortality a lot and although life has become nothingness,i.e. Nothing to enjoy or look forward to I still find myself wanting to live even though it consists of nothing,I suppose it's the age old human survival instinct. 

I’m not going to play amateur psychiatrist bruces, but I have felt this way before (and may well do again). My GP diagnosed me, medicated me, and referred me for CBT. If my symptoms were to return, I wouldn’t hesitate in pursuing that same course of treatment.

Edited by OceanDweller