Something I read which has unsettled me...

I read a statement analysis blog by a well respected American guy. It just interests me. He happened to mention that women that who use the phrase 'I'm a really good mum' should be considered for deception when analysing their statements for various reasons. Let me explain further if I can. An example I read was if a mum is being interviewed when her child has disappeared and she uses the phrase 'I'm a really good mum' it's usually an indication of deception/abuse. What has this got to do with me you might say.... How many times have I said I'm a good mum! BAM I've now linked this to my fear and it seems to have given in it more credibility (if that's the right word). I tried not to write this down on here as I'm 50/50 if it's nothing more than a silly compulsion because I've been triggered...its hard though when I read things like that, it doesn't half frighten me. Had been OK past 2 days x

Thanks. I think it's because he analyses potential criminals (well he analyses their words etc to find deception or not), hes not analysing everyday mothers (people) etc that are talking in normal conversation. So think I've got myself all mixed up and panicked myself as per.

Stop digging Saz (and looking for reassurance) and as Polar Bear says.....carry on.

OCD is far more complex than being about one or two specific "themes"..... It affects our whole thinking process and will jump sideways making us question these type of things that crop up.  Its just as important that we don't get dragged into analysing and thinking about them.  You said at the beginning you were 50/50.......50% is the correct deduction, the other 50 is the doubt posed by the OCD.  As we often say, "If it feels like OCD, it probably is" use this reasoning.

As they say, "Keep calm and carry on" :)

56 minutes ago, Caramoole said:

Stop digging Saz (and looking for reassurance) and as Polar Bear says.....carry on.

OCD is far more complex than being about one or two specific "themes"..... It affects our whole thinking process and will jump sideways making us question these type of things that crop up.  Its just as important that we don't get dragged into analysing and thinking about them.  You said at the beginning you were 50/50.......50% is the correct deduction, the other 50 is the doubt posed by the OCD.  As we often say, "If it feels like OCD, it probably is" use this reasoning.

As they say, "Keep calm and carry on" :)

Thanks caramooole and polar and ocean too. Annoyed for posting that last night.  I should have been strong and recognised it for what it was. I will carry on x