Treatment for feeling guilty

Hi,

ok, I'll try to explain.

I know this is irrational and I have done noting wrong but it is a burden of guilt I have been carrying.

During the summer as I was going to my flat I saw some of the neighbours, who were drinking alcohol.

One of the people was a 25 year old woman.

During the conversation the woman told me that she had breast implants, and asked if I wanted to feel them.

She let me feel her breast implants and I got an erection,

After that, she asked me if she could feel my erection and I let her feel my erection and I let her.

Basically just drunken messing around.

After this I have been plagued by feelings of guilt and shame.

I think my guilt comes from the fact that when I had a bad experience with the letting agent when I first started renting my flat.

Basically, the flat is in quite a up market area, and the letting agent guy was very judgemental and snobbish, I felt he was looking down on me as not being good enough for the area.

I have always had problems with self esteem and I suppose I feel deep down that I have confirmed the letting agents opinion of me, by doing what I did.

I cant forgive myself, I cant stop thinking about it.

Everyday I feel guilty. I think I might need therapy because I can't stop thinking about it.

I also feel guilty about other things.

Is there any treatment for this?

Edited by zx123

Franklin12 is right. And it has been incorporated into OCD treatment. In the book ‘OCD for CBT’ the writers have incorporated the approach. If you know a good therapist who combines the two approaches let me know!

Believe me, you'll feel a whole lot less guilty if you put the brakes on your ruminating. You are creating the guilt by constantly thinking about this minor thing. And it only seems like a majorthing to you because you constantly think about it.