Please need some support thank u xx

There's no bully Nikki....only your fear.  Just think, "I know what this is, it is anxiety because I've wound myself up about the trip but that's natural.  I'm going to work on not buying into the anxiety symptoms and I can handle this"  Keep flipping it back, when you notice the anxiety.....just notice, accept...keep busy and don't buy in.  It's the OMG's. the "Not agains", "Please make it stop's", the "What if's" that are fuelling things.....it's a mistake I've made a thousand times :blush:

17 minutes ago, Caramoole said:

There's no bully Nikki....only your fear.  Just think, "I know what this is, it is anxiety because I've wound myself up about the trip but that's natural.  I'm going to work on not buying into the anxiety symptoms and I can handle this"  Keep flipping it back, when you notice the anxiety.....just notice, accept...keep busy and don't buy in.  It's the OMG's. the "Not agains", "Please make it stop's", the "What if's" that are fuelling things.....it's a mistake I've made a thousand times :blush:

I know me too and yet I still don’t learn but it is of course harder when our anixiety is spiking and pushing itself out through OCD. I always say it is like a spot that pops on your face when OCD is fuelled.

Caramoole I have found myself arguing in my head for and against my fear in my head and one minute I feel ok and the next bad. Like literally in one minute! How can I feel safe to let it be? You see how easily and goes into rumination and reassurance?

15 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

All perfectly normal but you don't have to react yo the thoughts. You aren't going through anything different than countless OCD sufferers. 

So my mind is lodged on the feeling or suspicion something happened related to my fear, just because I’ve had some feelings or thoughts that I think it may have occurred or not. However another part of me wonders how it did and am I exaggerating etc so what on earth is worrying me.... How do I feel ok to leave this?

15 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

You just do because the alternative is you staying stuck right where you are. This has been going on for quite a while now. All the ruminating you've done has got you exactly nowhere. So why would you want to do more of it?

I don’t want to, It’s horrible but I keep getting dragged into a similar worry about a certain period in my life every time I am anxious or stressed. PB I’m not sure whether the worries or legit or not when they seem possible but then I also say how that was my biggest fear. The most I can definitely say is that I just don’t remember

12 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

So stop getting dragged back in. OCD is just doing what it does. You're falling for it every time. And you never get any kind of relief doing that. So work hard to stop doing it.

I never tend to believe it’s OCD the more worried I am. It is tho isn’t it

10 hours ago, Nikki79 said:

How do I feel ok to leave this?

You don't. :no:  

The biggest mistake OCD sufferers make is thinking there's a way to feel ok BEFORE you leave it alone. This only locks you into the endless cycle of ruminations and compulsions. 

It works the other way round. You have to let it go first and accept you'll feel uncomfortable and scared for a while. But gradually you will reach a point where you surprisingly do feel ok without knowing, without the need to do compulsions. It's only the ruminating that keeps you thinking it's impossible to feel ok without certainty. 

Every person with OCD must eventually take this 'leap of faith' if they want to begin their journey of recovery. It takes courage, but it's the only way to break free of OCD. There are no short cuts, no magical cures, and no exceptions. 

Take a deep breath - and jump. :) 

38 minutes ago, snowbear said:

You don't. :no:  

The biggest mistake OCD sufferers make is thinking there's a way to feel ok BEFORE you leave it alone. This only locks you into the endless cycle of ruminations and compulsions. 

It works the other way round. You have to let it go first and accept you'll feel uncomfortable and scared for a while. But gradually you will reach a point where you surprisingly do feel ok without knowing, without the need to do compulsions. It's only the ruminating that keeps you thinking it's impossible to feel ok without certainty. 

Every person with OCD must eventually take this 'leap of faith' if they want to begin their journey of recovery. It takes courage, but it's the only way to break free of OCD. There are no short cuts, no magical cures, and no exceptions. 

Take a deep breath - and jump. :) 

This it the mistake I am making then is it? I am allowing bad thoughts about and (the very few and relieving reassuring) good ones make me stuck in this loop? Snow I am physically ill the last 48 hours with anxiety, my head is pounding, I cannot eat and I can't stop crying. The thoughts have locked on to one particular worry and it keeps trying to drag me in and play on repeat in my head, what it is, is a repititive feeling or thing I feel could have happened but like I dont have any specific memory just a feeling something like that happened but then Im not even sure.  I desperately want to remember all the kind things and words that have been said to me on this forum so I can be ok, but I am struggling and feeling ill with it all is not helping :(

Edited by Nikki79

Much better advice from others here than I could give.

Anxiety and stress are extremely efficient at feeding each other. It's a difficult cycle to break but you can do it.

6 hours ago, PaulM said:

Much better advice from others here than I could give.

Anxiety and stress are extremely efficient at feeding each other. It's a difficult cycle to break but you can do it.

Hi PaulM no you gave me great advice too and I am very grateful to you. I just have to somehow click my brain into thinking this is OCD at play and not pay any notice to the thoughts. I have had moments where I felt confident to do that today. I just need to not have to wait for that thought and just believe it and do it. Despite the pain in my brain, does that make sense?