Life and ocd

On 14/12/2017 at 14:11, bruces said:

I desperately wish I was younger it's become an obsession I don't know why it doesn't bother others? 

I'd hazard a guess it probably does bother a lot of people at one time or another, but as it's an impossible ask to go back in time they let it go.

I came across this quote from C S Lewis a couple of months ago nd noted it down for when I'm having the same sort of thoughts Bruce, 

'You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.'

I know the gist of that's been said many times here, but it's so true and when you think about it, the time you're spending lamenting the past is wasting the time you have in the here and now. You don't want to get another 10, 20, 30 years down the line and look back thinking I could have changed so much in 2017 and made those thirty years so much better for myself.

You've got to try and let the past go and let any thoughts around it, go too....you're still young Bruce, make the changes now to make sure you don't look back in the years to come with more regrets.

That's an interesting comment Bruces. 

Perhaps you might look at reframing what you perceive as the limitations, and you will be amazed. 

Age itself need be no barrier to having a great and enjoyable time. 

I am 67 and have:

Walked ten miles this week. 

Helped my wife carried out considerable downsizing at home.

Travelled with her to the Midlands (from London)  and back in one day - by public transport. 

Drove to the recycle centre with a full hatchback carload. 

Done the shopping and some banking in two local areas, by bus. 

Spent a lot of time working on domestic paperwork. 

Been sorting out the garage contents. 

Attended one Christmas party, (with another function on Sunday). 

Had breakfast in the cafe with two local friends this morning and lunch in the pub. 

We are only as old as we think we are. And for me, spending time with younger people keeps me fresh and young at heart. 

Edited by taurean