Contamination and responsibility

I threw an old bottle of Floradix liquid iron supplement that had been in my fridge for maybe two or three years. I know, ridiculous, but was scared to deal with it before so it got left. The cap wasn't bulging but I put it in two bags and then with the other garbage in the garbage bag which was not sealed, just tied. Then I forgot there was glass in there and threw it on the ground outside and I heard the bottle break. So I put it all in another bag that was also not very well sealed. So now I'm worried that it had dangerous bacteria leaking. I don't mean ordinary rotting bacteria, I mean something anaerobic. So now I feel I have to go back and put it in more garbage bags tomorrow morning before the garbage comes but what if it's already leaked? And worry it will affect the garbage men. I feel bad because I threw it.

Trying to let this go but it's not working.

What do you think someone without contamination OCD would think/do? 

This is a key position for you - bearing in mind it's the OCD core belief that is telling you there is risk including to dustmen etc?

When we listen to, give belief to, and react to with compulsions, an OCD core belief, that is what causes the disorder. 

Once you see this, let the whole thing be and get on with your day.