Obsessed with washing my hands until they get dry and bleed.

This has been ruling my life for years, first example is when i was my hands after walking the dog, i have to use exactly 4 squirts of hand soap on my hands and if some falls in the sink before i rub it into my skin i have to rinse my hands then use 4 squirts of soap again then rub the soap into my hands for a good 2 minutes at least, im scared if i don't do this my clothes etc will get damaged from not washing my hands correctly after picking up the poop

Second example is after choking the chicken( you all know what i really mean), i am terrified i will get semen on my clothes if i dont go through the same process as above, and i usually rub the soap into my hands for a good 3 minutes more, and even afterwards if i have done the procedure correctly im still scared i will have residue on my hands and will still get it on my clothes. Im not really concerned with germs etc.

I really want this to end, i have only only used 1 squirt before and washed my hands for perhaps 1 minute but i fall back into the same routine after about 2 days,  my hands get very painful and bleed and my family wonders where the soap goes and they complain.

Ive never been diagnosed with ocd but im thinking perhaps i have it.

Not inappropriate, just sounds very much like OCD doing its thing. Ever thought of seeking (the right) therapy? I suspect you know what you should do, but implementing it (not ritualizing) sometimes not so easy. From a cognitive POW - try to keep in mind that OCD is the worst contaminant of all, far worse than that possible minuscule trace element drop of semen you're stressing about. 

I know it doesnt make sense and i wash my hands so much that its impossible that there is no chance of it, but i still do it, and i have other habits like switching light switches on and off until it feels right, but i havent done that in a while.

strange thing is im not so obessesive in other departments like for example washing my hands before preparing food, though i am obsessed with getting details right on things.

Im not sure where this all came from, i did not use to be like this, i have had depression in the past too maybe its from that

Edited by Thos Beans
35 minutes ago, Thos Beans said:

I know it doesnt make sense and i wash my hands so much that its impossible that there is no chance of it, but i still do it, and i have other habits like switching light switches on and off until it feels right, but i havent done that in a while.

strange thing is im not so obessesive in other departments like for example washing my hands before preparing food, though i am obsessed with getting details right on things.

Im not sure where this all came from, i did not use to be like this, i have had depression in the past too maybe its from that

Nothing strange there - don't suppose that OCD is logical. So, are you going to implement some steps to move forward constructively? 

2 hours ago, Thos Beans said:

Ive never been diagnosed with ocd but im thinking perhaps i have it.

Your rituals sound like OCD like -  I think going to your GP to start the ball rolling for some help could be useful? I have found this forum very helpful to understand my own symptoms. You could also look on the OCD UK website for literature and more info. I also found the charity Mind very helpful. They have lots of information and a helpline. 

Thanks gals/guys, im going to start by calling the gp next week and stop washing my hands so much for a start, im starting to realise how illogical it is and how much it is ruling my life, i will probably feel unclean after only using a little bit of soap instead of a lot but im fed up of this to be honest, my blistered hands are fed up too.

Thinking about it my obsessiveness has ruined a previous relationship i was in and my obsessiveness has driven a woman im infatuated with now away.

Edited by Thos Beans

OCD can manifest itself in many different ways and it can change theme at any time.  At the moment I'm struggling with intrusive ocd thoughts but I've been there - with the hand washing and checking switches and door locks etc.

I agree with Jenniewren. Initially the doctor can give you meds to help deal with the condition but the best bet is to get cbt. Good luck

I also think knowledge is power so the more you can understand the process of OCD the better. I also think a strong determination to resist compulsions is helpful as long as it is realistic. It might be that you cut down on the amount of soap you use gradually. Have you any other themes? Me and many others in the forum seem to have a few themes in the go at any one time. And themes tend to morph over time also. Understanding what other areas of your life is being affected by OCD is very useful.