Support Help Care Consideration

This is what continually attracts me to our forums. 

I have been myself in a really bad, distressed place, with constantly-repeating obsessive thoughts and high anxiety - and people have stopped by the boards, offered me the above, and made me feel wanted and loved. 

And worked with me to find answers to my own OCD issues. 

So it's important for me to try my best to reciprocate. 

Plus, like other older members, I don't want others to experience the lack of therapy and understanding that I did for many years. 

There are currently many friendships being forged,  cheerleading, help and encouragement - and it is so wonderful to see. 

Edited by taurean

This is a brilliant place no doubt. It has helped me no end. I have only been a regular for less than 12 months as I registered in 2016 but only came back consistently in about February of this year.

I appreciate the time you and others spend creating posts and offering advice, I think getting advice from fellow suffers is so valuable because they know what it's like and know exactly how you feel. I am no means the finished article buy I also want to help where I can. 

I have just started coming here (I was on another forum for the same thing) and must say that the people here are so supportive and all in all just looking out for one another and keeping each other's best interests at heart and that is so nice to see.

The other forum was completely different to this and I've since stopped visiting the other one because this one is so helpful and welcoming. I have noticed there is a bit of 'tough love' offered at times but I guess that is due to the nature of the disorder and pandering to it causes more harm than good.

Well done everyone, and thank you. You make newbies like me feel very welcome. 

Edited by Headwreck
Wanted to say thanks!

As they say, birds of a feather flock together. When people with good 'vibes' come together, the place will be pleasant and joyful. I guess this forum can be considered as one of those nice places where there is a real intention to help others and where most of the forum members want to keep it civil and polite too which is why I think there is little of the nastiness which accompanies some of the other forums.

This forum, and of course the people on it, have helped me in my most darkest moments with this disorder. I will be forever grateful to you all for being so supportive especially as some members themselves are still powering their way through their own OCD issues but are still there to offer advice. 

The willingess to want to help others is a special gift that, unfortunately, not all of society values. However, the members on here all show that by offering either words of wisdom and/or encouragement. That makes this a marvellous place to be a part of.

Edited by Lisa davis
Spelling error

I needed help beyond all the private CBT therapy I had been, I am very well aware, fortunate enough to get through private medical insurance, then self-funding.

I needed others to take carefully onboard my own particular manifestations, and have the time dedication and interest to explore with me ways that might work. 

I found those willing to do that here. It has made a big difference. 

And I have shared that knowledge with others with similar problems. 

Through OCD-UK's charity-funded free to air forums, we can do this - we can change lives. We the forum members are a think-tank of OCD experiences, techniques, trials and failures - and we freely share what we have learned. 

Every day new people sign up, and we help to give them support, solace, knowledge, hope. 

I am lying here this morning, through the magical medium of smartphone and WiFi, connecting into this wonderful place - and feeling pride energy and power from doing so. 

Edited by taurean
corrections
11 hours ago, taurean said:

I am lying here this morning, through the magical medium of smartphone and WiFi, connecting into this wonderful place - and feeling pride energy and power from doing so. 

I guess I can say the 'force' is with you, eh, Roy? :a1_cheesygrin:

:starwars:

Yep. It got us down to the leisure club today. 

My wife was only today weighing herself and having a calm time in the cafe reading the paper. 

I went into the hot spa for 30 minutes of incredible mindfulness meditation. Despite the fact that an aqua-aerobics class was going on in the pool with loud music, I was able to zone out by inserting my swimming earplugs - and all that noise disappeared. 

This afternoon I further practised mindfulness on a pleasant hour spent at the Christmas community Fayre, followed by a relaxing listen to carols over tea with my wife. 

Plenty of challenges around at the moment, but using distraction activities, meditation relaxation and mindfulness can really help all of us - well worth the effort to learn these.