OCD and Depression

Hello

I've been diagnosed with clinical depression along with anxiety and OCD a few years ago. I just wondered if anyone finds that depression is a common illness that goes hand in hand with OCD? I've always been an excessive worrier/catastrophiser and can remember being afflicted with that from a young age and the depression following soon after. Does anyone else suffer with low moods even when their OCD isn't too bad? 

Hi Headwreck. I too was diagnosed with major depression at a young age. In retrospect, I’m not sure the diagnosis did me any favours, as for years I just accepted that my mood would be low, and so it was. More recently, I learned that, even if I am beginning from a lower baseline, I can impact my mental wellbeing significantly by living correctly. Through avoiding drink and drugs, eating clean, exercising, practising relaxation techniques and getting sufficient quality sleep, I’d wager my mood is on a par with most folk’s. I just have to manage my mental health more vigilantly. And why wouldn’t I?