I've felt very tearful today

Hi Phil, 

I'm presuming that it has been on a recommendation that you no longer require them. Remember how far you must have come to get to this stage. Of course it will be difficult at first but you will have fought worse than this in the past and gained experience from working through these tough times. Look at where you are now and how well you have done to get here. You have achieved so much and will continue to do so :)

Best Wishes 

HW

Edited by Headwreck

It's an understandable concern. 

But you are stronger than you think - you continually display this in your posts Phil. 

You will continue your journey with help and support from those who really understand. 

Thanks for the responses. To clarify it's been a long journey to get on this "low dose" and was my choice to start a reduction program.

I guess fundamentally what got into my mind was that I've spent a third of my life on tranquillisers with different doses obviously. I'm trying to think positively about what I achieved with OCD, pills and massive anxiety and what I CAN achieve moving forward and continue to strive to be a useful member of this forum and charity.

All the best, Phil.

Remember Roy's little maxim Phil - planning for, but not worrying about, the future. 

You may not, for reasons well known to members, have currently any access to useful CBT. 

But you have got our charity and forums, your support group you go to, and a wonderful wife and friends. And a nice current GP I believe. 

And when we have troublesome times ourselves, then we need to take from, more than give to, the forums. That is how they work. 

You are a great fellow Phil, and I have the great honour to call you my friend. 

It's OK to feel a little tearful :weep:

But tomorrow is another day :)

Thanks my friend. You always give good counsel not reassurance.

If my wife and I are lucky enough to have a Phil/Philippa (not sure about the spelling!) junior I will be in touch with all my forum friends to have lots of forum god parents!

Some damned fine people on this forum including you Roy.

Edited by PhilM

OCD/anxiety convinces us we need certain things in order to cope. And sometimes we continue to rely on things we no longer need so much, because it is part of the routine and makes us feel safe and certain.

you should feel good that you are resisting this premise by quitting tranquillisers. Of course it's going to feel scary and uncertain. Because you are going against the grain. And tranquillisers were necessary for you in the past. Whatever happens you are giving it your best shot. That's all anyone can do. 

In fact by telling the truth about how you are feeling you are helping other forum users. The worst thing was when I felt alone in this.