I just wanted to update everybody on where I am.

And where I am is so, so much better than where I was. Long gone are the days filled with ridiculous compulsions and baseless fears. 

This year was rough ocd-wise, but I came out on top. Thanks to exposure, knowledge, and faith in myself, I've made great strides.

I'm not saying my compulsions are 100% gone, that would be a lie, but compared to what it was like before, it's a lot easier to manage. Instead of horrible anxiety, and desperation, I have hiccups, blips, that are easily recovered from.

I may not be where I need to be, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.

To all sufferers out there, especially those who may have little, to no, hope. Recovery is possible! I'm the proof!

You just have to keep fighting, and someday you could making your own post like this.

Amazing post Ship, such a fantastic achievement. You have obviously worked very hard to be where you are now - your words are inspirational.

I am still fighting this disorder, chipping away gently at it each day. Along with sheer determination, I am aided by the great encouragement from the guys on this forum and hearing these posts makes me even more determined to keep on fighting.

Thank you for sharing, stay strong, Lisa 

Well done, two of us were on here at a time where we thought hayfever tabs would help us lol, but now we are right direction, keep it up and so will i

all the best

Edited by GG150

I'm so glad I could inspire! Knowing I'm helping others, makes me feel wonderful, because I remember what it's like, in the thick of it, and it's not pretty.

I'm not going to lie, today has been kinda rough, but that's okay. Recovery is a process, not a path, and I'll get there, someday. As will everyone, here :)

Don't give up the fight. Recovery is possible!

Edited by ashipinharbor