Schizophrenia/Paranoia obsession

Hi, just wanted a bit of advice and help if anyone can relate. So I’ve had the fear of going mad or developing schizophrenia for a while now and it’s been running through my mind a lot lately, however as I’ve stated in a previous post about being called “ paranoid “ I’ve started to obsess over paranoia now and to make it worse a topic on the forum I read through the other night has triggered my mind with various upsetting and thoughts that are making me panic. So basically I have this worry that what’s if I’m going mad? It’s like I’m testing myself to see if I’m being paranoid or not if that makes sense, for example I struggle with POCD so when I was in work today I started testing my worry’s by thinking that a mother with her child knows that I struggle with pocd or my work colleagues know an then they’ll start assuming I’m a “ P “ then I start doubting myself with past events when I have actually felt a bit paranoid about a different scenario and then assuming I must be paranoid. It’s so confusing tho as I worry maybe I am paranoid but really I’m worrying that I could turn paranoid therefore I’m testing myself by making scenarios up in my head if that makes sense? I’m just confused as to what the difference is between actually being paranoid an unaware of it and worrying/doubting that I’m paranoid. 

If anyone can relate and has any help it would be much appreciated.

I have had the fear of going mad and I also have been actually paranoid many times. For me paranoia is something I was sometimes aware of and sometimes I wasn’t. It was mostly low key, but very tied in with having OCD. Now my ocd symptoms are under control my paranoia has all but gone.

So. Stop ruminating about it, and get to work understanding and dealing with your ocd and in all likelihood you won’t become paranoid! And If you do become paranoid, who knows what the future holds, you can do something about it. I did.

A little bit of paranoia is fairly common with OCD. So are intrusive thoughts about paranoia, schizophrenia and going mad. If you're ruminating about these subjects and testing yourself to see if you are, it's definitely OCD.

Your mind has latched onto the possibility of you have a more serious psychiatric disorder and you're making things so much worse by doing compulsions. Stop testing yourself. And try to gain control over your ruminating. Those are compulsions and they are keeping your mind focused on these other psychiatric disorders.