Hi all, apologies if my post seems to be a bit repetitive.

At the moment I’m currently waiting for intensive CBT. I’ve been waiting now for quite a few months and seems to be talking its time. My head at the minute, is just going round and round. Dunno if anyone else experiences this and if so has a strategy for managing, but my head just gets so obsessed with stuff. Like today had a date with a girl off online and had my hopes set to getting in a relationship, she seemed genuine. But it’s gone totally the other side, and now just stuck on it and obsessed then almost stay at the bottom for awhile depressed if that makes any sense. Any advice or techniques would be highly appreciated. 

Many thanks in advance.

Hello Ben. I think the best advice I can give you is try to take your mind off the girl. Not every encounter leads to a relationship. Not every relationship blossoms. I'm no relationship expert but sometimes, even a lot of the time, people just don't click.

Having OCD, though, means you have a much higher propensity to dwelling on subjects that don't need to be looked at. So, get yourself involved in something else. Read books, exercise, go for walks, bake cookies, clean out the cupboards, work on your car... the list is endless. Let it drop and move on to the next life adventure.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you polar for your message, very wise words there. In my rational side of my head, I see I need to stop fixating on girls and relationships and do things to please myself. But just can’t seem to do it. Thanks again for message much appreciated 

Ben