Understanding the falsehood

I have started this topic so I can understand the falsehood of the disorder. Although I find it extremely hard at times I understand the erp but struggle as to why my brain can think the most horrendous thoughts . As I said on another post I stumbling on the moment when I have an intrusive thought and for a second it seems I want to think it as for example my mind wanders or is curious. Then to my disgust I realise what' happening and end up with extreme panic thinking iv thought these horrific thoughts on purpose. I really seem to struggle at this point and start to believe I'm what I fear. I hope this makes some kind of sense.. 

You say you don't understand how your mind can come up with horrendous thoughts. It just does. It's something every OCD sufferer has to deal with. The human mind is capable of thinking the most disgusting, vile thoughts imaginable. You are not unique. All sufferers have this problem. Even non-sufferers have intrusive thoughts, sometimes disgusting in nature. 

You do not think the thoughts on purpose. They are intrusive. That means they pop up in your head and they are wanted. You'd really like to not have them in the first place. That brief moment before panic sets in when you are curious about the thoughts is normal and means nothing.

The big problem is not the thoughts but the way you react to them.