My HOCD/OCD questions

Hi there, here's some questions/thoughts i've been asking myself recently. I just wanted to know if any of it was normal/ if you could answer any. 

Is it normal to feel scared about being intimate with someone as a virgin? I'm scared that if I get into a relationship with a male (i'm a straight female with HOCD) that I'll hate it and realise i'm gay. Is it normal to play video games as a girl? I paid a lot of money for my nintendo switch but I panic and think it must make me gay since i'm playing video games. Can you have male friends as a girl without being gay? Is having a gay dream and waking up 'aroused' normal? I don't feel much anxiety anymore, why? I'm scared I'll never find a boyfriend. Why does this feel so real? Why can't I stop noticing girls? I was intrigued by this girl, I didn't want to be intimate with her, I just thought she looked kind and gentle? Does that make me gay? I feel 'arousal' whilst typing this, why? Can marijuana help with OCD? I had quite a bit at a party once, along with some alcohol and my anxiety/OCD almost faded completely away for the night. Is it normal to be virgin and never had a boyfriend before at 17? Is this evidence of being gay since I'm older? 

Thanks for any help :)

Hi. I'm not going to answer your questions, save one. You are blatantly asking for reassurance and wanting us to involve ourselves with your compulsions. OCD wants you to answer the question, Am I gay? but you have to learn that you do not have to answer the question at all. Trying to find an answer is a compulsion and only leads to more compulsions. And any answers we gave you would only offer temporary relief. Soon enough doubt would return and you'd be back asking more of the same type of questions.

By the way, you are not a straight female with HOCD. You may very well be a female with OCD, however. The theme doesn't matter much. What matters is how you respond to the intrusive thoughts you get.

The one question I will answer is does marijuana help with OCD? Illicit drugs and mental disorders do not mix. Maybe your anxiety went down that one time, but unless you intend on being perpetually stoned, you'll have to find another way to deal with your OCD. The answer is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, with or without proper prescription medications.

Hi there, thanks for the reply. I know this was blatant reassurance seeking and I need help but i'm just not sure where I can find it. I live in England and I could always go through my doctor but what do I say to them? I'm scared they'll give me tips on how to come out. 

Thanks for your help, I need a stern guide to help kick my OCD 

7 minutes ago, freya196 said:

Hi there, thanks for the reply. I know this was blatant reassurance seeking and I need help but i'm just not sure where I can find it. I live in England and I could always go through my doctor but what do I say to them? I'm scared they'll give me tips on how to come out. 

Thanks for your help, I need a stern guide to help kick my OCD 

Hi freya. You’re under no obligation to disclose your theme(s) to your GP. Just tell them that you’re suffering from OCD and have been advised to request a referral for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Ashley (our spiritual leader!) may be able to provide you with further input/assistance.

Edited by OceanDweller

Thank you so much! I needed to know I didn't have to tell them my OCD theme, that's reassuring. I feel much more motivated to make an appointment so I'll book one whilst i'm there next week.