Sounds like just another form of aromatherapy, or massage. 

You beat OCD by learning how it works and how to stop responding to it - using cognitive behavioural therapy. 

Things that may help reduce anxiety - such as aerobic exercise, meditation, relaxation, mindfulness won't cure OCD, but may be helpful in addition to CBT and also to help the sufferer engage with CBT. 

I have cbd oil. It is perfectly legal, sold in most health food shops. It is hemp oil and does not have the thc element in it (the bit that gets you high). It is all natural. 

I have researched this a lot and believe it helps a great deal with a large number of health issues. There are varying strengths of it and the dosage does depend on what you want to treat. 

I have read a number of reviews and studies that state that the oil can and has helped people with anxiety, depression, ptsd, arthritis, cancer, sleep issues, fybromyolalga (spelling). There has been lots of news articles in the media lately of people who have been helped by this oil. 

All I can tell you is my experience. I think it does help slightly with reducing anxiety but it obviously has not helped my ocd worries specifically. I definitely think cbt needs to be done for this and would in no way say this oil will miraculously make your ocd disappear - because it won't, hence why I am having cbt soon. 

I would also just add that even though it's natural, everyone should do their own research, perhaps even consult a gp, just incase it were to effect any other medications. 

Edited by Saz

Just feel like I want to add to my above post. I don't taken it specifically for anxiety (but do believe it helps me slightly when I'm feeling particularly anxious), I take it more for overall health, I do have a bit of a sore back and also as a preventative for further illness x

Edited by Saz