Existential obsessions

It’s a case of hanging in there pal. Supported by your therapist (I’m assuming he/she is well versed in addressing OCD) you’ll gradually begin to address the ruminations. It’ll require graft on your part, but the payoff will be well worth it. Conincidentally, I have my second CBT session tomorrow. We’re all in this together bruces.

20 minutes ago, bruces said:

Is it worth  it do you think? 

There’s something fundamental that you’re just not getting bruces...

Life is what you make of it. It’s only ever worth it, for anyone, if they, themselves, make it so. No matter what hand you’re dealt, it’s entirely your choice how you play it. You’re in control of your own destiny. So your options are straightforward: do nothing, remain unhappy, and spend the rest of your life whining about how pointless it all is; or take charge, make the necessary changes, and celebrate the precious life you’ve been gifted.

Once and for all, you need to decide how the rest of your time on this planet is going to play out. And only you can do that. So my advice is for you to cease immediately posting defeatist, cryptic, one sentence moans, and to have a long look at yourself in mirror. Because what happens next, whether your life is worth living or not, is ENTIRELY down to you.

Nothing is ever wasted if we learn from it. If you can use this opportunity of therapy  to learn from past mistakes or ways of thinking then it will not have been a waste. Sometimes we need to hit rock bottom to make changes. And we need to trust that our way of thinking right now is not the way it will be forever, if we put in the work.

maybe just change the tone a little so say “right now I’m feel I may have wasted my life. But soon I may feel differently.”

Final warning, Bruce. One more defeatist moan and this thread will be locked. :dry: 

10 hours ago, OceanDweller said:

Life is what you make of it. It’s only ever worth it, for anyone, if they, themselves, make it so. No matter what hand you’re dealt, it’s entirely your choice how you play it. You’re in control of your own destiny. So your options are straightforward: do nothing, remain unhappy, and spend the rest of your life whining about how pointless it all is; or take charge, make the necessary changes, and celebrate the precious life you’ve been gifted.

Once and for all, you need to decide how the rest of your time on this planet is going to play out. And only you can do that. So my advice is for you to cease immediately posting defeatist, cryptic, one sentence moans, and to have a long look at yourself in mirror. Because what happens next, whether your life is worth living or not, is ENTIRELY down to you.

This is good advice.

I've said the same thing to you quite literally hundreds of times these past 2 years, Bruce, but every time you choose to let it go over your head and carry on exactly as before. 

Now you're finally getting CBT you have a chance to turn things around - don't waste that opportunity.