OCD-patients lower IQ

Guest SuperiorHuman

I will leave the thread up though because it's worth reminding people as this comment about people with OCD having higher IQ does pop up a lot.  I think I posted the original link myself last year sometimes, and it did go in the magazine.

Well, this could have come out of a cognitive distortion. If his friend has OCD and mentioned something about high IQ, this person could have made the faulty assumption that all people with OCD believe they have high IQs. Then he/she came in here to make a point, loaded with that faulty assumption.

Damn.. I always think of a witty reply too late.... but oh well.

16 minutes ago, Guest SuperiorHuman said:

And my friend is not a friend anymore, he couldnt take the power of science

Your friend is a lucky friend to be shot of you!

Well done for managing a challenged individual. Clearly he / she has no moral compass. 

I've never met anyone who has a certified Mensa score. I've a friend who is a renowned Professor of Nuclear Science, another Professor of Marine Biology, another Professor of Media and have many other medical and business professionals as friends and associates yet the best lad at the pub quiz is my mate who manages a retirement charity for the MoD :-)...depends how you measure intelligence. 

Wasn't it Einstein who said you don't need to be intelligent but able to apply yourself singularly to one issue!?

I think that is deffo an OCD trait.

48 minutes ago, Guest SuperiorHuman said:

ok my personal snowflakes i am really sorry if i offended somebody. OCD takes away some of your functioning, now it could be in the heat of the moment, or as i say the heat of the anxiety. hehe

I just wanted your input!

You wanted input to feed your desire to taunt and poke- if it is true that you have antisocial personality disorder. You need to change your name because the population looks DOWN on people like you. Hardly superior. Just pathetic really.

4 hours ago, OceanDweller said:

Ironic that a thread about IQ was conveived by the most obvious imbecile ever to darken the forum.

I imagine that the poster is a child/ teenager but yes definitely not someone who should be discussing IQ levels!