I'm terrified that i'll never have a relationship due to my OCD, i'm 17 and i've never had a boyfriend. My theme is HOCD and I was looking through some forums where a guy said he's 31 and never had a girlfriend. I have utterly no sex drive but i am concerned that the contraceptive injection I have been on since September is causing my low sex drive (it's a symptom). I'm wondering if this is the cause of my long term spike which began just after I started college in the beginning of September, also around the same time I began with the injection. Usually my OCD aid in the back of my mind and I can control it but I haven't been able to since September and it's getting worse. I'm worried that i'm starting to like thoughts about HOCD and whenever I see things surrounding the LGBT community I'm like "that's me!". This is causing me a lot of panic, i'm just not sure what to do anymore I don't want this to carry on

Hi Freya,

I didn't get a girlfriend until I was 34! It was very much worth the wait though!

I totally get why you titled this post 'Panic'! I feel the same when I get obsessions about many different things at the same time. It can be overwhelming!

Regarding all the thoughts, I would just try not to ruminate on them, it'll lead you nowhere but to more ruminating. It's hard, but try to just let the thoughts be when they enter your head & not engage with them. It takes practice, but it's doable & after a while they'll become less frequent & intense.

I hope things are a bit calmer for you now?

Symps

Thank you Symps, that's quite reassuring. I know everyone is different when it comes to relationships but I find teenage movies and films don't help with my perception of 'normal' when it comes to stuff like this. I'm trying to keep calm and distract myself with work.

I used to look on facebook & see everybody's pictures & think that I was missing out. Took me a while to realise that everyone only puts they 'happy' pics on there & that it's not a true reflection of their lives.

I used to always look back & wish I'd done this or that. But hardly ever do nowadays & now I realise that I'm happier where I am & if there is something I don't like, then I can try to change the situation.

But it is so much easier with a calmer mind! I know if you can work on overcoming your OCD, you'll start to feel more at ease with yourself, less panic'd & be in a better place to meet someone actually worth meeting.

But at 17, you've got plenty of time, so try not to worry to much about finding a partner just yet :)