Horrible Constant Nervousness

Hello

I just wondered if anyone else constantly feels nervous? I don't know if it is nerves or something else, my chest is always tight and I feel like my heart is pounding all the time. I have to take deep breaths a lot and always feel like I'm on the verge of tears. This is constantly, literally every day. I can only liken it to a feeling before going into a test or an interview. But it is literally all the time. 

Edited by Headwreck
2 hours ago, DeathSlave said:

Hi ! I'm new here, and I got to this forum cause im extremelly desperate. As for your question I sometimes my stomach aches not my chest though

Hello. Welcome. 

Hope you find some solace and support from being here. 

Edited by Headwreck

Anyone else? I've been trying to take herbal remedies such as Kalms but they don't work. I've also tried to cut out caffeine and tried breathing exercises but I just always feel like I'm trying to catch my breath and that my heart is beating too fast for my chest. This seems to have been a permanent thing for a few months now. 

Edited by Headwreck

From the second i wake up, all through work and evening untill bed, its horrendous, i sit with my partner at night and feel like a fraud and a lier, she loves me and has stayed despite confessions but i still feel she needs to know more even after she told me im cruel for confession the things i confess

Me too a lot of the time. You have my sympathies. Do you avoid chocolate too as it has stimulating chemicals other than caffeine. And get enough sleep? I don't get enough as I have lots of energy at night and not enough in the morning. And do you eat regularly as low blood sugar with the release of adrenaline doesn't help. Sugar is also not helpful. One thing I notice is that my shoulders go up so I try to consciously relax them, over and over but it does help. A book that helped me (not with OCD) but with nervousness is 'Hope and Help for Your Nerves', by Dr. Claire Weekes. Hope you feel better soon!

Yes I felt like that over the summer. It was the worst anxiety I've ever had. It was horrendous but after a while it just burnt itself out.

I'm going to take some credit for that as I was constantly challenging it. It was awful but I did my best to keep calm and positive. I carried on exercising even though I could only run for 10 minutes as my chest was so tight (I can run a lot longer than that normally). 

There's a lot you can do to help yourself - challenge it, exercise, relaxation techniques, yoga. I also referred myself for CBT although by the time I got an appointment the worst of it was over. These feelings will pass but you can help them on their way.