Theme keeping changing

OCD is quite sneaky as when you label one topic as ocd then you get on top of it a new or an old one comes back up.  Been going up and down had been doing really well and will continue to do so jus latches to everything weeks using technique going well then Il get intrusive anxious or negative thoughts and start to obsess is this OCD though or what sort of thought makes me anxious  starts the cycle again I do my best to limit my reassure then when I  really need support and come here and all the people on here offer great support which helps me on my journey. I realise this could be reassurance seeking but I think it's best to deal with all my anxious negative thoughts as ocd and refocus then I get the doubt but what if this is a different anxiety thing or a different issue etc but i know OCD is trying to throw my I should label all the thoughts as ocd and refocus because all these thought have OCD potential instead of debating is it or is it not is this best x

Starting googling difference between OCD thoughts and other anxiety disorder thoughts and I am in a panic really bad idea why am I being so silly I should be a pro by now in this disorder 

My therapist  and i have agreed to label all the thoughts as ocd and not get into them which is what I usually do but I was feeling a bit sensitive the other day sunday and was triggered on monday when a friend called and i was getting anxious thoughts and trying not to focus on them and label as ocd I started debating is this OCD thoughts or some other anxiety disorder thoughts because they were anxious thoughts and not themes which is ridulous got me into a pickle and started the whole Google which made it worse and more confusing should I jus labelled them OCD thoughts and refocus no matter what type of anxious thinking it is x sorry I am usually much better at this and much more in control

20 hours ago, Skullpops said:

Googling > reassurance seeking = compulsion. 

You're not silly, you have OCD. Xx

Thank you for your replys perfect description wack a moley lol one under control another pops up or it trys to get in another way x

3 minutes ago, angels said:

Thank you for your replys perfect description wack a moley lol one under control another pops up or it trys to get in another way x

You're so welcome. 

Whack a mole is a brilliant way to describe it, that's exactly what it's like...get something under control and another thing pops up x

I think that my OCD could affect anything if I let it. I am really struggling, I'm nearly four months into a new obsession and I'm tired. But I find that other things are being affected too during this time, such as panicking that I might have made a mistake in work (especially when I leave for the weekend - I've always done this but it's harder now with another obsession constantly begging for attention), inflated anxiety around other thoughts. I guess that's the reason why it changes, you'll be in the throes of one thing which I'd imagine makes you more susceptible to overthink other things that then end up a theme. Just my opinion anyway. 

Edited by Headwreck