Medication that works for you

I think I am going to have to give medication a go again. As I'm really not able to control this anxiety. 

I wanted to try for a family soon but this anxiety has taken over everything. Yet again my life goes on hold. What if the tablets work, can you carry a baby on them? If I have to come off them what if it comes back whilst pregnant? What then ...

panic attack central today. Also feel doubtful of every thought, every thing I read nothing is clicking. Wrote about a million notes. Feel like I have to get them all right in my head but accepting I can't right now. 

So hard to see clearly and see if for anxiety when your in the anxious frame of mind. 

Sorry for the continuous posts. Just a little stuck right now and not sure where to turn. X

These types of questions are best asked to a doctor or psychiatrist. We can't offer advice as to what meds to try. The fact is, everyone reacts differently to meds. What works for one person may not work for another.

Go talk to your doctor.

It is best to discuss medication with a doctor or psychiatrist. They should be aware of the latest research on the matter. And prescribe on the basis of your medical history. There are a large number of clinical trials which have been conducted on the efficacy on the various SSRIs to be found on the NICE site or the Lancet.

Just now, Bodger said:

Hi Sopie,

I personally I have found that adding a low dose anti psychotic on top of the ssri I am on has worked wonders for me.

Thanks so much. This is what I am wondering if adding a mood stabiliser or an anti psychotic might help. My psychiratrist did mention this once but I don't have him anymore. I'll speak to my therapist. Xx

31 minutes ago, Bodger said:

I find the ssri helps a little for low mood. The anti psychotic works more on the intrusive thoughts, which helps me the most.

That's what I need help with the thoughts more than my mood. I'm definetely going to ask my therapist x

Mirtazapine gave me restless legs

Citolipram didnt suit me

Zoloft helped me keep my head above water first time round, im on 200 at the moment but you have to stick to see benefit, not cure just slightly more managable but it wont ever cure us, im hopeing the correct therapy willhelp me manage morex

On 22/02/2018 at 16:37, Sophie89 said:

Thanks so much. This is what I am wondering if adding a mood stabiliser or an anti psychotic might help. My psychiratrist did mention this once but I don't have him anymore. I'll speak to my therapist. Xx

Hi Sophie, 

It sounds like it might be worth considering medication. I've not had any luck finding one that works for me yet but when I saw a Psychiatrist I think she said Sertraline can be used during pregnancy. Anti-psychotics/mood stabilisers are probably more problematic for pregnancy though.

36 minutes ago, BelAnna said:

Hi Sophie, 

It sounds like it might be worth considering medication. I've not had any luck finding one that works for me yet but when I saw a Psychiatrist I think she said Sertraline can be used during pregnancy. Anti-psychotics/mood stabilisers are probably more problematic for pregnancy though.

Hey Belana how are you? Thank you I always worry about pregnancy I panic that I'll go crazy or get really ill and not be able to take anything to calm me down. I definetely need to consider medication. I also am 100% sure my hormones are messed up which causes the OCD to be worse. I've had my thyroid checked before and was told it was borderline underactive. Then it went back to normal. Sometimes my anxiety disappears and I noticed this in a previous pregnancy (which terminated) but my anxiety just went on it's own. It also goes when I come on. I'm therefore convinced it's linked. Have you ever noticed this? When I get the calm I can make sense of everything and see it's all OCD anxiety. When I'm in the midst of it I can't see the wood for the trees and it's a horrible mess x