Really not sure how much more I can take of this

The anxiety is not passing. I've had obsessions none stop for three month. I am never sleeping. If people say to me there is nothing to worry about my mind says yes there is I can't get better. I'm stuck doing this forever. 

And I don't understand why my mind thinks 'why are they doing that - imagine it was you until it clicks why' or how does that feel? And all the time it feels like a massive chore but I must do it. And there's no reason why except I have to understand because if I don't my mind feels so lost and unsure. 

I feel like im under the grips of OCD or I have something else wrong with me. I have had Cbt before but nothing seems to help. I find no pleasure in anything. I just obsess all day long. I wish I could switch it off. 

I an crying at work because I see no way out or how I can get better. But I would never hurt myself as I'm too scared to do that too and because I want to feel better more than anything. 

I know i keep writing on here and drivinf you all mad but no one else has these thoughts so how do I know they are OCD?? 

Edited by Sophie89

Hi Sophie, you’re not driving anyone mad, this is what the forum is for. I’m so pleased I found it. We can all completely understand the way you feel, it’s OCD and the way it gets a hold of us at times. It really is awful :( I find as well that the higher my anxiety levels are, the more I can’t see the wood from the trees where the OCD is concerned. 

Can you try CBT again? I’ve had a few therapists, but my latest one makes more sense than any of my others, and I do feel I’m making better progress with her, slowly but gradually. Maybe a different therapist will make all the difference for you too x

24 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Hi Sophie, you’re not driving anyone mad, this is what the forum is for. I’m so pleased I found it. We can all completely understand the way you feel, it’s OCD and the way it gets a hold of us at times. It really is awful :( I find as well that the higher my anxiety levels are, the more I can’t see the wood from the trees where the OCD is concerned. 

Can you try CBT again? I’ve had a few therapists, but my latest one makes more sense than any of my others, and I do feel I’m making better progress with her, slowly but gradually. Maybe a different therapist will make all the difference for you too x

Thanks so much dragonfly. It means a lot to know I'm not annoying everyone as I feel like I am! I drive myself mad! Yes I think I will have to ask for another therapist if the next session doesn't go great. I have a lady who has suggested buying books on OCD and saying how terrible it must feel to constantly have thoughts hanging over me that I need to work out but she said I speak so much sense. Like I completely understand OCD (except my theme!) and I don't think she knows how to help me as I do have an answer for everything. I need someone who has been through it themselves sure that would help more!!!  Thanks so much for for the reply xxx