In massive need of advise!!!

I have just found out that I am pregnant! I think this answers why my anxiety and OCD has been so bad as my hormones were all over the place. I'm able to see a little more clearly now but I have so many worries! 

I took half a sleeping tablet recently, would this harm my baby? 

What if I get bad anxiety when I have the baby? As the thoughts make me feel so uncertain and like I'm trapped in my mind

i have a responsible job. I know I will love my baby so much. I'm in shock and I have a controlling mother who will not be happy. 

Reallt need support right now guys :( xx

Hi Sophie, don’t worry about the tablet, it was a one off, most women engage in activities not advised during pregnancy before they know such as drinking and smoking without any problems as they stop as soon as they know! Congratulations! Despite OCD my two kids are the best thing that ever happened to me and I’m sure it will be the same for u! Take care xx

10 minutes ago, Wonderer said:

Hi Sophie, don’t worry about the tablet, it was a one off, most women engage in activities not advised during pregnancy before they know such as drinking and smoking without any problems as they stop as soon as they know! Congratulations! Despite OCD my two kids are the best thing that ever happened to me and I’m sure it will be the same for u! Take care xx

Thank you so much. I'm determined to get better for my baby. My anxiety is made worse as I am never good enough in my mums eyes and she will say I have let her down as I have a good job and giving up my career etc. I know she cares but she will not be supportive. She will go mad even though I am 28! I live at home but I have savings and so does my partner. I'm mostly nervous about her reaction 

i am going to get better so I can be the best possible mother to my baby. X

8 minutes ago, Sophie89 said:

Thank you so much. I'm determined to get better for my baby. My anxiety is made worse as I am never good enough in my mums eyes and she will say I have let her down as I have a good job and giving up my career etc. I know she cares but she will not be supportive. She will go mad even though I am 28! I live at home but I have savings and so does my partner. I'm mostly nervous about her reaction 

i am going to get better so I can be the best possible mother to my baby. X

Excellent to use the baby as ur motivation! Do not beat yourself up though if u find the hormones play u up a little, I had OCD while pregnant with my first although I didn’t know what was wrong with me back then, it literally disappeared the actual moment he was born! I never understood how that could happen but I’m assuming the distraction and the change in hormones probably reset me! I never had any OCD during my 2nd sons pregnancy! You may be surprised by your mum, she may give off a little at first but she’ll come round, she will love her grandchild and want to be there for u! Make sure ur kind to yourself and have lots of rest!xx

1 hour ago, Wonderer said:

Excellent to use the baby as ur motivation! Do not beat yourself up though if u find the hormones play u up a little, I had OCD while pregnant with my first although I didn’t know what was wrong with me back then, it literally disappeared the actual moment he was born! I never understood how that could happen but I’m assuming the distraction and the change in hormones probably reset me! I never had any OCD during my 2nd sons pregnancy! You may be surprised by your mum, she may give off a little at first but she’ll come round, she will love her grandchild and want to be there for u! Make sure ur kind to yourself and have lots of rest!xx

Thanks so much. Your kind words have really helped me. Yes I hope she comes round. Wow I really hope that happens to me too! Xx

1 hour ago, Headwreck said:

Congratulations, that's lovely news :)

It might take your mum a while to get used to the idea but I'm sure in time she will accept and become a source of support.

You'll be a fantastic mum! 

Thanks so much headwreck! I hope so!! It's really given me motivation to get better now! Xx

Congratulations, Sophie! :clap:

It sounds like you are in a stable and secure home environment with your partner as well as financially so please don't let your mum make you feel like you've ruined your life or anything silly like that. Try and enjoy the pregnancy and look after yourself if you can :)

1 hour ago, Lynz said:

Congratulations, Sophie! :clap:

It sounds like you are in a stable and secure home environment with your partner as well as financially so please don't let your mum make you feel like you've ruined your life or anything silly like that. Try and enjoy the pregnancy and look after yourself if you can :)

Thanks lynz. I'm actually living at home at the moment, myself and my partner planned to move out April time. I have got savings but my mum will still say I am not financially stable not in her eyes. I earn really good money so I know I can afford to save more than what I am. So I will now. It's not ideal but life isn't! 

Thank you so much for your kind words x

Edited by Sophie89
On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 19:09, Sophie89 said:

Thanks lynz. I'm actually living at home at the moment, myself and my partner planned to move out April time. I have got savings but my mum will still say I am not financially stable not in her eyes. I earn really good money so I know I can afford to save more than what I am. So I will now. It's not ideal but life isn't! 

Thank you so much for your kind words x

Congratulations Sophie! That's such lovely news! If your Mum has reacted negatively then I hope it hasn't got you down. You're 28, in a stable job and in a relationship - so all good for having a baby and young enough to enjoy running around after your toddler in a few years time.