CBD Oil for anxiety...anyone tried this?

Hi everyone, 

I have ordered 2 bottles of cbd ( cannabis oil) from Holland barret online and I wondered if anyone had any positive results from using this for anxiety/ ocd symptoms?

I am waiting for mine to arrive at the moment xxx

yes I am on fluoxetine and diazepam short term ( they gave me 7) but I want to stop the diazepam and use the cbd instead :)

I will be sure to check with my doctor though to double check it will be ok.

Thankyou xxx

Sadly people are very against antianxiety-pills. I can understand them. Because benzo can create a nightmare if you get dependent. 
I can't however stop thanking my lucky star when my anxiety get so dreadful i feel i need to take a tablet. 

But when my anxiety is less intense do i always obsess about benzo destroying my cognition... it's almost funny how i have obsession about everything

Sorry i can't write apparently my anxiety makes me confused..

Edited by Isthisreality
3 minutes ago, Isthisreality said:

I don't think anyone here would recommend it. Because it is anti-benzo. Do it fix anxiety? Or is it meant to be a long-term solution?

I have read online about it helping people with their anxiety in a lot of cases so I thought I would give it a try :)

I’ve been doing a bit of reading about CBD oil too, it is suppose to be good for OCD? and it’s not addictive? It would be nice to know if someone has tried it and if it helps :)

2 minutes ago, Isthisreality said:

Sadly people are very against anxiety. I can understand them. Because benzo can create a nightmare if you get dependent. 
I can't however stop thank my lucky star when my anxiety get so dreadful i take a tablet. 

I have been taking diazepam during this very severe ocd relapse for the physical symptoms of anxiety ( being sick, sweating pacing, crying and the usual physical sensations) the doctor said he doesn't want me to become reliant upon diazepam as its addictive so this is my last prescription. I thought cbd may help in those times when the physical sensations of anxiety stop me functioning as they're lately x

9 minutes ago, lostinme said:

I’ve been doing a bit of reading about CBD oil too, it is suppose to be good for OCD? and it’s not addictive? It would be nice to know if someone has tried it and if it helps :)

Yes I have read some very positive study results and it's helped people due it's calming properties, I will keep you all posted :)

My friend takes it as an adjunct to olanzapine he says it works for him if you get the right brand but i’m not convinced. I tried it for a while and found it didn’t do much and it cost a fortune. Maybe it will get better as things progress.

Whatever benefit there may be from this substance, it's important to bear in mind that unwanted anxiety from OCD will need to be addressed using CBT to understand how the illness works and learn how to change our response so that we don't trigger an anxiety response. 

5 minutes ago, misspixielou said:

Yes I have read some very positive study results and it's helped people due it's calming properties, I will keep you all posted :)

Yes it does have some positive research results, however I’m always weary what i read on the internet ? 

I dont blame anyone for taking benzo when you feel that dreadful anxiety. 9-10/10, its horrible. 

But the withdrawl is also horrible, so one should not get addicted, and it can be hard when you have crippling anxiety. I seem to have obsession about taking benzo so i never take it more than 3 days in a row and always small doses. 1-2 weeks in total a year and have been so for  maybe 8 years. 5mg oxazepam can be a daily (kinda high) dose. I do realize it is placebo to react on such small doses but i actually get a reaction from it too, because i fall asleep first time i took 5mg. 

CBT and ERP is the optimal and only solution i guess.

1 minute ago, taurean said:

Whatever benefit there may be from this substance, it's important to bear in mind that unwanted anxiety from OCD will need to be addressed using CBT to understand how the illness works and learn how to change our response so that we don't trigger an anxiety response. 

Yes i totally agree Roy, however some find it easier if they have something to help with their anxiety whilst starting therapy :yes:

2 minutes ago, lostinme said:

Yes i totally agree Roy, however some find it easier if they have something to help with their anxiety whilst starting therapy :yes:

Agreed, just thought it necessary to emphasise the point. 

1 hour ago, taurean said:

Yes totally agree. cbt is the best treatment.

I have had a lot of cbd and I'm looking for something to help me with those massive anxiety spikes when I'm desperately attempting not to do a compulsion.

I recently lowered off my medication which i think has caused this relapse. Medication has now been increased again, but I need a short term aid when the anxiety becomes crippling which it is at the moment. I'm also trying to put into practice the tools I learned in CBT as it was very beneficial  :) xxxx

Edited by misspixielou

I haven't taken CBD but am planning to one of these days. For physical symptoms of panic I found Dr. Claire Weekes book, 'Hope and Help for Your Nerves' to be really helpful. She addresses the second fear when one reacts to symptoms, i.e. worrying about one's churning stomach, etc. releases more adrenaline but accepting the churning or whatever helps to reduce it.

I haven't taken CBD but am planning to one of these days.

Anybody planning to try CBD oil should be very careful about where they source it from. Check out that it has been manufactured as medical grade CBD and isn't being sold under the same lax regulations as apply to food supplements. Remember there is no regulation of unlicensed 'medicines' so the onus falls on the user to check what it says on the bottle mirrors what's on the inside. (It often doesn't and price is no guarantee of quality.) 

Remember too that even a single episode/small amount of 'contaminant' THC can be enough to cause acute psychosis or long term effects in anyone who has a predisposition to mental illness. By definition, 'predisposition' includes everybody with OCD.

And lastly, if you do decide to take CBD oil, check the dosage very carefully and do NOT be tempted to increase beyond the recommended dose. CBD is a drug with a 'sweet spot' where a high dose can have the opposite effect - increasing anxiety rather than reducing it. 

Know what you're taking, check the dose, and go into it with your eyes open to the risks. Taking CBD should be an informed choice rather than an act of desperation.

When we suffer from anxiety response, there is a clinical reason for that - our body's alert mechanism is being triggered outside of a genuine threat. 

Going forward we need to address and change that using psychological therapy - and the gold standard therapy is cognitive behavioural therapy. 

There are various ways that we can ease down the discomfort of the unwanted anxiety response. And, for me a fellow sufferer, I have found learning methods of applied relaxation and meditation invaluable.