Anxiety with no rumination

I dread the mornings. Really I do. 

Today I've got thoughts loitering in the back of my mind slightly but I'm not engaging. I feel anxious and guilty even though I'm not giving the thoughts attention. Is this normal? Just to have the anxious/guilty feeling on it's own? I keep thinking it's because I'm truly guilty and it's just how a normal person would feel in this situation. 

Hi Headwreck,

Since my relapse and prior to that when in an OCD episode, I always wake up anxious. This can be when I'm in the middle of an OCD worry, at the end, when it's over, simply always. I woke up anxious this morning and I don't really have a concrete OCD concern at the mo, just some background issues from previous days. 

I think it happens because my body is so used to feeling and reacting in a particular way, it's like I'm on red alert and my OCD goggles are on and ready. 

I personally think it's normal, you need to give it time. The anxiety won't go away overnight, it takes time. Do you think you could be reading in to the reasons behind your anxious feelings? 

Well done for not engaging in the thoughts today, keep going and keep strong. X

9 minutes ago, Emsie said:

Hi Headwreck,

Since my relapse and prior to that when in an OCD episode, I always wake up anxious. This can be when I'm in the middle of an OCD worry, at the end, when it's over, simply always. I woke up anxious this morning and I don't really have a concrete OCD concern at the mo, just some background issues from previous days. 

I think it happens because my body is so used to feeling and reacting in a particular way, it's like I'm on red alert and my OCD goggles are on and ready. 

I personally think it's normal, you need to give it time. The anxiety won't go away overnight, it takes time. Do you think you could be reading in to the reasons behind your anxious feelings? 

Well done for not engaging in the thoughts today, keep going and keep strong. X

Hi Emsie. 

Thanks for the kind words. Maybe you're right. I think I'm reading into the feelings without even realising I'm doing it. My head just feels like a prison. Had a bit of a wobbler earlier on, then I felt my anxiety go down so I know I've slipped up somewhere. 

Chest just feels as though someone is standing on it and always feel like I'm not breathing enough. Funny how it's all the time but more so when I'm anxious and thinking a lot!x

Edited by Headwreck

You're so welcome. It's so easy to ruminate and read in to things even when we think we're not doing it. 

I'm sorry your chest feels that way......you could discuss it with your GP. Just a thought, I mean no pressure of course in saying that. I hope it eases for you and goes very soon.

Keep not engaging and try to something today for you and that you really enjoy. X

Edited by Emsie
27 minutes ago, Emsie said:

You're so welcome. It's so easy to ruminate and read in to things even when we think we're not doing it. 

I'm sorry your chest feels that way......you could discuss it with your GP. Just a thought, I mean no pressure of course in saying that. I hope it eases for you and goes very soon.

Keep not engaging and try to something today for you and that you really enjoy. X

Sorry, I kept editing this post above Headwreck. I was getting anxious about what I was saying to you and kept changing it so I don't know if you read my final edited post. So I thought I'd put my last message/post in this post (as quoted above) so you could see it again. My silly OCD! Sorry. X

Edited by Emsie

I quite often feel like that too. Today I really had a feeling that there was something wrong, like a catastrophe just waiting to happen. Or like I had done something wrong. I guess some days are just like that. My best wishes for you guys. x

10 minutes ago, Emsie said:

Sorry, I kept editing this post above Headwreck. I was getting anxious about what I was saying to you and kept changing it so I don't know if you read my final edited post. So I thought I'd put my last message/post in this post (as quoted above) so you could see it again. My silly OCD! Sorry. X

That's okay, I understand completely! Thanks for your support Emsie, it's very much appreciated.x

5 minutes ago, hedvig said:

I quite often feel like that too. Today I really had a feeling that there was something wrong, like a catastrophe just waiting to happen. Or like I had done something wrong. I guess some days are just like that. My best wishes for you guys. x

Hi Hedvig. 

It's relentless isn't it! Just doesn't give in! I hope the rest of your day is a little easier for you x

Distorted thinking. If you ruminate it must be because you're guilty. If you don't ruminate you must be guilty. If you have a good day it's because you've acceoted you're guilty. If you have a bad day it's because you're guilty. 

That's pretty much how you come across. No matter how you are doing or feel, you believe it is evidence you cheated. Which is complete nonsense. It's not evidence of anything.

You will have good days and bad days. Sometimes your anxiety will be up then it will be down. Some days your ruminating will be okay and other days your brain won't shut off for a second.

It's just OCD. Now go do something fun.

21 minutes ago, Headwreck said:

That's okay, I understand completely! Thanks for your support Emsie, it's very much appreciated.x

Thank you so much Headwreck, I really appreciate your kind words. 

You're so welcome. Keep going and keep strong.

Btw, awesome advice as always from PolarBear. 

X

The mornings are always the hardest for me. Even if i went to bed and thought i was going to do something productive when i wake up do i feel the dread again when i wake up. I open my eyes and the first thought who hits you is about OCD. It's dreadful. 

The rest of your post is just you analyzing the feelings.