In CBT therapy, going deeper, need advice.

So I've been in CBT therapy on and off over the last couple of months and initially we've just been dealing with the checking aspect of my OCD but are starting to move onto my more deep seated (P)OCD fears and worries.  I'm not resistant to doing the homework or making notes but part of my brain is very scared as it'll lead to directly confronting fears I've very much been on a live and let live attitude with over the last few months as a way of dealing with it on a day to day basis.  Its not perfect but my day to day intrusive thoughts have become minimized and much more manageable (credit to mindfulness though for helping big time).  I'm so worried that by confronting them I'm going to fall backwards hard and revert to the scary place I was not that long ago.  I know I have to confront my fears but still.  

How has it been for other people when they reach this stage of CBT therapy?  Any advice on what helped.  Thank you in advance.   

By the time i did ERP and challenged my obsessions i was already in a pretty good place from cognitive wofk and stopping compulsions. Truth is my anxiety didn't spike too high when i told myself i was a pedophile. It did go up but i wasn't getting huge spikes like when i was in the throes of OCD.

You may experience similar. The problem is right now you are fearing facing your fears. You don't know what will happen when you do but you're already prejudging that it will be bad. Do you see where that mindset works against you?