Has anybody self harmed

I only ever did it once a few years ago and have never done it since but the mark on my wrist is a constant thorn in my side,I just keep looking at it everyday,I regret doing it and will never do it again but I'm uncomfortable with the fact it won't ever fade :( 

Hi bruces, 

Yes, I've struggled with self harming in the past. 

When you look at your scar, remember all you've come through, that it didn't beat you, that you're still here fighting! 

Hi Bruces

I've had a terrible time with self harm but I've managed to stop thankfully. I had never self harmed over OCD before but after being in the midst of this severe relapse I started cutting methodically in the hopes that I could use it as an excuse to finally get myself sectioned. When that didn't work I began to do it as a compulsion as my thoughts became darker and darker. I was punishing myself.

As I say I don't do it anymore and I would discourage others from doing so. It was not fun.

Lots of people self harm, you should look upon your scar as a lesson and a reminder of how far you have come since then, I know u feel low most of the time but you must’ve been in a worse place back when u made that cut...scars don’t have to be a painful reminder xx

As ever, Bruce, the problem isn't what you've done, but how you're looking at what you've done.

You've been given an alternative way of viewing this - to see the scar as a marker for how far you've come in that you've learned self-harm is not the answer. :) 

You can choose to change how you think about it, or you can continue to use it as evidence you 'ought' to feel guilty. It's up to you. 

However you choose to look at this, the scar isn't a reason for guilt by itself.