So much guilt I can't even breathe.

If you want a way out Lily, you have to fund a way out and work hard to maintain that path. 

It is possible to feel differently, feel something other than guilt, but from an OCD perspective that doesn't just change without us making it change.  So what can you do to change how you feel not just today but more long term?

20 minutes ago, Ashley said:

If you want a way out Lily, you have to fund a way out and work hard to maintain that path. 

It is possible to feel differently, feel something other than guilt, but from an OCD perspective that doesn't just change without us making it change.  So what can you do to change how you feel not just today but more long term?

I should not ruminate, not perform compulsions at all but it's too hard all at once there are compulsions I perform almost unawarely...

2 minutes ago, lily17 said:

I should not ruminate, not perform compulsions at all but it's too hard all at once there are compulsions I perform almost unawarely...

You're right on both accounts, you shouldn't, but if you could do that you wouldn't have OCD.  So yes, not performing compulsions is the end game, but there is so much to work on through therapy prior to getting to that point.   For example reviewing what your fears are, why you feel guilt etc all of which should be reviewing during the cognitive side of CBT.  By understanding all that, then it makes tackling OCD and resisting compulsions just that little bit more likely.

17 minutes ago, Ashley said:

You're right on both accounts, you shouldn't, but if you could do that you wouldn't have OCD.  So yes, not performing compulsions is the end game, but there is so much to work on through therapy prior to getting to that point.   For example reviewing what your fears are, why you feel guilt etc all of which should be reviewing during the cognitive side of CBT.  By understanding all that, then it makes tackling OCD and resisting compulsions just that little bit more likely.

I see, thank you so much.