2 minutes ago, Avo said:

Hi Skullpops,

Sorry your down, is it one particular issue or a combination of factors?

Hi Avo, 

Thanks so much for your reply, I'd say a combination of factors. 

Yes the two often combine, OCD exacerbates life's problems, and life's problems exacerbate OCD.  Do you have anyone either there with you or you could call to speak to? or an activity to help keep you in the 'moment' and away from your worries?

7 minutes ago, Avo said:

Yes the two often combine, OCD exacerbates life's problems, and life's problems exacerbate OCD.  Do you have anyone either there with you or you could call to speak to? or an activity to help keep you in the 'moment' and away from your worries?

Thanks Avo. I'm just myself with my children. I've messaged a friend to see if she's free to chat. 

That makes so much sense what you say about the 2 combining, I think that's exactly what's happening to me right now. 

Thank you ever so much for talking the time to post, I'm eternally grateful for the support. 

No worries Skullpops hope your friend is available for a chat. I have had OCD for at least 20 years so know the ups and downs. Glad I could help in anyway. Sometimes an acknowledgement from someone that your struggling can give us a boost. I have found these boards brilliant over the last couple of years to help me. Just knowing others are out there and can relate is helpful. 

Edited by Avo
32 minutes ago, Avo said:

No worries Skullpops hope your friend is available for a chat. I have had OCD for at least 20 years so know the ups and downs. Glad I could help in anyway. Sometimes an acknowledgement from someone that your struggling can give us a boost. I have found these boards brilliant over the last couple of years to help me. Just knowing others are out there and can relate is helpful. 

Thanks again Avo, I really appreciate the support. 

1 hour ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

Hi Skullpops, sorry to hear you were feeling low yesterday - hope you feel a little better today.  :hug:

Hi there,

Thanks for your kind message. My mind just won't be quiet! I hope you're well? 

Yes that's typical of OCD to keep our minds loud. To be honest I woke up today feeling super anxious but I'm so bored,  and tired of it so I'm not going to fight it today, I'm not going to give in and pay this ridiculous condition any importance. I'll just let it chunner on in the background like an annoying micro-managing boss whilst I try to go about my day. 

2 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Yes that's typical of OCD to keep our minds loud. To be honest I woke up today feeling super anxious but I'm so bored,  and tired of it so I'm not going to fight it today, I'm not going to give in and pay this ridiculous condition any importance. I'll just let it chunner on in the background like an annoying micro-managing boss whilst I try to go about my day. 

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear you're struggling but well done on the positive thinking and determination. It really is ridiculous what this disorder does to us! 

12 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Hi Skullpops,

Sorry to hear you’re feeling low :( How are you feeling today, any better? 

Hope you’re ok, and feel free to pm me if you want to chat Xx

Hiya! 

Not much better today I'm afraid. How are you? 

Thanks so much xx