Moving on with life.

I’m really stuck at the minute. I’ve confessed everything to psychologist who assured me it’s all ocd and there is no point in dwelling on the past. I couldn’t help my actions I was very ill. Sometimes I central accept it, well I suppose I do accept my behaviour has been entirely ocd driven and out of my control as I didn’t know what was going on. BUT I have this other worry where I just can’t get past it all and learn to forget I just can’t seem to do it with out feeling immense guilt. Worrying about heaven and hell. Worrying what people think of me if they knew. My dad said if they understood ocd then they wouldn’t care at all, which you might say is reassurance but maybe sometimes we need it to help us see. I do t know how to stop worrying about the past and feeling guilty about it. 

Its on the verge of destroying my relationship my partner can’t take much more which I understand completely. It’s been so bad for nearly 5 years but the past few months spiralled completely out of control. 

23 minutes ago, Running Lover said:

I know it’s a beautiful day and I’m stuck in bed paralysed by fear and guilt. I just can’t shift it and I can’t see the point of living this way. 

There is no way around it. You need to leave the bed and do other things while you feel like the worst human. Sit with everything it tells you. Or you will go another 5 years.

How have all this thinking worked out for you? 

Edited by Isthisreality

What i think you fail to realize is that OCD is present and working today. You are stuck thinking about insignificant events from your past but you haven't stepped back and realized that OCD is running the show right now. You need to work on what is happening right now, not what happened years ago.

Your mind latched onto some minor things from your past and falsely blew them up into a huge deal. Your mind has been yelling at you that this is important, you must do something about this! It's all a lie. You make things worse by doing compulsions.

You need to start realizing that is what has been happening for months now. And then you have to start dealing with it.

2 hours ago, Running Lover said:

I know it’s a beautiful day and I’m stuck in bed paralysed by fear and guilt. I just can’t shift it and I can’t see the point of living this way. 

Get out of bed, take a walk. We've had a terrible winter that's lasted forever. So go out and look at nature, watch how blades of grass move with the wind, notice them, notice flowers basking in the sunlight. Only by doing this will you experience some freedom. When the ruminations come back - recognize them as OCD symptoms, focus on nature again, what's real, right there in front of you. 

You need to do this, so go do it now.