Meet a toxic doctor.

So i have huge anxiety now. Could i get some help. I meet a doctor and a psychologist just now. I wanted a new try with CBT-therapy.

So i spoke with the psychologist for 10 minutes and didnt spoke much with the psychiatrist. Then after 10 minutes did the doctor said loudly YOU DONT HAVE OCD. You have autism. So i got huuuuge anxiety. 

I honestly think it was a sadist because he said many strange things. He asked me if i had taken benzo or medication because i yawned once. And he said i cant go on like this with my life. Disability.

So i told him i think it is unprofessional and that i was offended because you are not supposed to put a diagnosis after 10 min....

When i asked why he thought i had autism and not OCD did he say things like if you have OCD do you respond well to therapy and medication......

He also said that other people had said that i had autism. When i meet a psychologist to get a new appointment did she write a letter to this clinic and he said they she had wrote that i had autism. 

So i know that many people are having problem with doctors and such but this was my very first time i meet a such bad doctor. But i know what you are supposed to ask - so i asked what Ali Greymond says. Ask them how many they have treaten so i did that. Hr just answered that he had experience. 

So i will meet the psychologist in 1month but i will not meet the doctor again.

All input ate welcomed!

I am sorry if this text is unclear because i have huge anxiety from what i think is unprofessional and 

Edited by Isthisreality

I think he was outright mean. 

The core of the matter is that he said tjat i dont have OCD my problem is autism and if i treated autism will my OCD go away... 

When i am looking him up is he in the register of misbehaving i cant see from here why exactly. 

But this was the worst doctor i have ever meet for sure! He also said when i said i had taken benzo that people with autism shall not take benzo because they get dependent.

Edited by Isthisreality

I mean i got huge anxiety. I am certain i have OCD and this person come across as pure toxicity. It is just that he is a psycjiatrist abd his words matter. Even if it makes NO sense what he said. Like if you have OCD do you respond well on medication and therapy............

Welll NO. That is not true. With the therapy yes but i habe never done the work.

Now i will meet the psychologist again and i will speak with him about this.

He asked if someone have ever tolded me that i habe autism. So i answered no on that. So then did he say that people had said that in between the lines

No it's not true, I'm sure many people do but I haven't responded well to medication / therapy in the past and I'm only doing so lately because it is I, and I alone that have refused to entertain OCD compulsions. My mind is sick of it. 

It is just what he said you dont have OCD you habe autism. So i asked him what he thought about the fact that people with autism can have OCD. On that he answered that if you have autism do you treat it in another way. Which makes NO SENSE. 

Just because i didnt have """normal""" compulsions did it mean i didnt have OCD. And that was the reason i haven't got over it.

So i have been ruminating about psychopaths lately and i meet someone who i think is something like that.

He also talked about how much experience he had. It was never ddebatimg about how you treat it. It was just I HAVE EXPERIENCE.

Edited by Isthisreality

Thanks my friend. It is just he came across as totally toxic and it is sad those people are supposed to be experts!!!!!

I got massive anxiety i even told them that i got triggered. I will meet the psychologist because i want ERP.  

I mean after 10 min... he just said. YOU DONT HAVE OCD YOU HAVE AUTISM.

So i am starting to come down but this was a new experience for me. I have always had good doctors. 

He said so many stupid things. But the thing which got me is that he said "you don't have OCD, you are on the autismspectrum". Well yes he actually said that, and it is so frikking stupid, i am lost of words.  I will just classify him as an idiot. I mean really?! So you can't have autism and OCD, that was new to me!  

The closest he got to any actual information was when he said you treat compulsions different when you have autism. So did  he actually recognize that i have OCD? But then did he say: "IF YOU HAVE OCD DO YOU RESPOND WELL TO MEDICATION AND THERAPY".. WOOOOOOOW.  

Edited by Isthisreality

Hi Isthisreality.

Sounds like you had a pretty stressful meeting with this doctor. But it's over now and as you say, time to calm down again and let it go. Ruminating on it further won't change anything.

Look at the positives. You'll be meeting the psychologist again in a month and from there you can start to tackle your OCD by whatever means suits you best, irrespective of what label they choose to pin on you. :) 

9 minutes ago, snowbear said:

Hi Isthisreality.

Sounds like you had a pretty stressful meeting with this doctor. But it's over now and as you say, time to calm down again and let it go. Ruminating on it further won't change anything.

Look at the positives. You'll be meeting the psychologist again in a month and from there you can start to tackle your OCD by whatever means suits you best, irrespective of what label they choose to pin on you. :) 

I have been obsessing about psychopaths and narcissists lately and that was my instant reaction. Everything he said after this stupid comment made me question what he said. 

Yes i will meet the psychologist, i hope i am not offending anyone with autism, but i don't see it (autism) in myself, i really really don't. It is not wrong to have autism but i don't want to have it because i just don't see it! They said that one can get an investigation, but that would be wrong in a sense, because it WOULD ONLY be because i want't to get this off my chest. And such an investigation include speaking with my family and doing intelligence-tests. It may sound silly but i don't want to know about my IQ!

Edited by Isthisreality

Hey, first off he can’t diagnose u with autism in 10 minutes, it requires a lengthy investigation process and a lot of tests. It’s true that OCD is common in people with autism, my son has autism and OCD, I have OCD but suspect I may be on the autistic spectrum too and it is something that my therapist suggested to me also, however I haven’t bothered to find out officially because the label won’t change much about me! It’s true that some people on the spectrum need their therapy tweaked a little to suit them, my sons therapy focuses more on the behavioural side rather than the cognitive as his thinking is a little different to someone who doesn’t have autism, however I had CBT that focuses more on the cognitive side and despite having suspicions I may be autistic myself, it worked well for me and I coped fine. Most people with autism do not have a low IQ or a learning disability. Wait and speak to the psychologist, tell them about your reservations about autism and I’m sure they’ll talk to you and find out a bit more about you and the take it from there! Don’t worry xxx

So i have done tests on the internet, and i can see what emotion people have when i only see the eyes i also did good at judging who feelt a feeling the most. Sure i am an introvert and i often prefer to be on my own before being social. But that doesn't make me autistic

Autism is the last diagnosis i would thought about. Seriously. 
Ali Greymond answered me, i just needed to know what she thought. 

Can't believe people like this are supposed to help people. 

Edited by Isthisreality
33 minutes ago, Wonderer said:

Hey, first off he can’t diagnose u with autism in 10 minutes, it requires a lengthy investigation process and a lot of tests. It’s true that OCD is common in people with autism, my son has autism and OCD, I have OCD but suspect I may be on the autistic spectrum too and it is something that my therapist suggested to me also, however I haven’t bothered to find out officially because the label won’t change much about me! It’s true that some people on the spectrum need their therapy tweaked a little to suit them, my sons therapy focuses more on the behavioural side rather than the cognitive as his thinking is a little different to someone who doesn’t have autism, however I had CBT that focuses more on the cognitive side and despite having suspicions I may be autistic myself, it worked well for me and I coped fine. Most people with autism do not have a low IQ or a learning disability. Wait and speak to the psychologist, tell them about your reservations about autism and I’m sure they’ll talk to you and find out a bit more about you and the take it from there! Don’t worry xxx

I hope i don't come across as judgemental towards people with autism. 

It is just WOW, i was talking to the psychologist and didn't care too much about the doctor, then from nowhere do he say "you don't have OCD you are on the spectrum (autismspectrum)." 
So i asked why he thought that, and he answered "if you have OCD do you respond to CBT and medication". It was not even so much about me having Pure-O, because i just started to explain my obsessions, he concluded that because i was not responding to medication. And when i asked him what you are supposed to treat obsession in autism did he not really give an answer, he didn't even answer if you could have OCD and autism at the same time. so what did he really mean?

Then when he had said that was it a uphill-battle. Because i quickly understand that he was not an expert on OCD. And he started to tell me what he worked with. And he had seen soooo many like me. So he know... 

Edited by Isthisreality

It was very unprofessional of him to say you had autism without a proper in depth diagnostic session. I had one recently and it took 3+ hours of assessments. What qualifications did this doctor have? Plus regarding a difference in treatment for OCD with autism as opposed to without autism, I am not aware of any difference in treating either presentation. I haven't read any studies stipulating difference and I wasn't told of any difference by either the ASD consultant or by my CBT therapist. 

Advice ditch that doctor and put in a complaint. That's unethical. A rap on the knuckles might teach him a lesson.

Just now, Orwell1984 said:

It was very unprofessional of him to say you had autism without a proper in depth diagnostic session. I had one recently and it took 3+ hours of assessments. What qualifications did this doctor have? Plus regarding a difference in treatment for OCD with autism as opposed to without autism, I am not aware of any difference in treating either presentation. I haven't read any studies stipulating difference and I wasn't told of any difference by either the ASD consultant or by my CBT therapist. 

Advice ditch that doctor and put in a complaint. That's unethical. A rap on the knuckles might teach him a lesson.

I am considering making a complain, but i need to know first what i can say in the mail. 

Exactly, i said that many times that he was unprofessional and that it was unserious to put out a diagnosis without tests. It is funny because i have been obessing about psychopaths and narcissists and i meet such a doctor..

And i hope i am not comming across as judgemental to people with autism. 

You’re not coming across as judgemental at all, let’s face it, nobody wants to be diagnosed with ANY condition, never mind being told the way u were, in my opinion he cannot tell at this stage wether ur on the spectrum or not.xx

I am thankful for all the replies. 

I did tests yesterday and i can tell what emotion a person is feeling when judging the face. I did all tests a man on a forum for autism gave out. It just dont ring any bell at ALL.

And i have extremely hard ro take a man who give a diagnosis after 10min. And then says that u don't have OCD i havr autism and as first proof of this do he say "OCD responds very well to medication and therapy". Medication -NO. Therapy -yes, but when did i get through a complete routine?!?!

I will meet the psychologist but it will be very clouded by this experience and i will only try to reclaim my diagnosis. 

What a nutjob!

Hi @Isthisreality, I understand how very stressed you got during this meeting. Please be careful not to develop a new obsession around this now. Taking all those tests and ruminating over this isn’t helpful although I can see how you’d want to do that. Try to let go of this and trust that you know yourself.

40 minutes ago, hedvig said:

Hi @Isthisreality, I understand how very stressed you got during this meeting. Please be careful not to develop a new obsession around this now. Taking all those tests and ruminating over this isn’t helpful although I can see how you’d want to do that. Try to let go of this and trust that you know yourself.

40 minutes ago, hedvig said:

I know i do but he sounded so sure. He had seen  60-70 cases JUST LIKE ME.

I am the most sarcastic person i know. I see myself as a person who likes to speak about feelings. So what more is left with this autism?

I am more introvert than extrovert but that doesnt make me autistic.

But yes i am analyzing now. I took photos of myself to see if i look like a autist

Edited by Isthisreality

So accordingly to one test with movies and faces when they are on movie do i have numbers more close to asp than neurotypicals, but i need to translate the words because i am not fluent in english. 

I just don't know anymore. He said i don't have OCD, so then i should just stop treating all this like OCD i guess