I’m panicking about my period, I have had it ages. I know it started around the beginning of March, trouble is, I get about three weeks of spotting so that brings it to the near end of March. The thing is, it’s been really tiny amounts and you have a particular amount of blood and it won’t stop until that has drained and there has been at least two weeks worth of it doing nothing, I know you count it in days and Brown is old blood so it may have bleed seven days in all.

I know very long periods are typical for me, because of my poloycyctic ovaries and obesity, which I have mentioned to the doctor. But I’m panicking, like hand shaking panicking

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Phili

Nice to see you.....but not so because of an OCD worry.

This is an old and recurring OCD worry of yours.....so you know that you're not going to get reassurance or give explanations about periods.  Looking back at the work you"ve done in the past with your Psychologist and things discussed here, what do you think you should be doing to help move past this nagging doubt and fear?

You understand the theory but are struggling with the nagging doubt.  This is when you have to try and work the theory, push padt the doubt.  Let's work on that.

How's Anne doing?

Caramoole :)

Hi hi, missed you.

Anne is good, she has bad allergies and a very itchy chin and she broke her tooth sneezing but she is great other than that.

The techniques I was taught don’t seem to work on me. It is an old fear I know, been down this road a lot. But pie charts, evidence for and against, it is all just reassurance.

Why am I not a member anymore? I have been paying my sub.

It's been red all day but not that heavy, I wish I had paid more attention then i might not be so anxious, I have no perception of time. I am really struggling.

Edited by Phili

This is an OCD forum. We cannot provide medical advice, which is what you seem to be seeking. If you want to treat your OCD, this is the right place. If you want list your symptoms, a gynecologist might be a better bet than a forum full of OCD sufferers.

Edited by ohwhyhello
13 minutes ago, ohwhyhello said:

This is an OCD forum. We cannot provide medical advice, which is what you seem to be seeking. If you want to treat your OCD, this is the right place. If you want list your symptoms, a gynecologist might be a better bet than a forum full of OCD sufferers.

I'm sorry but you misunderstand.  Phili's problem is entirely OCD and this worry about her periods is just one of her obsessions.

But she's describing her discharge? I understand how it ties in with OCD, but there specific questions are best left up to a medical doctor. If she wants to know how to deal with the thoughts and how to approach them, that's definitely in our wheelhouse. But the consistency of blood and such is definitely a question for a gynecologist.

13 hours ago, Phili said:

and can't go out

Correction :  You could go out but have a phobia and fear of going out.  What have you done recently to try and change this Phili?  Anything? Nothing?

It's important to change the language we use from "I can't" to I feel like I can't" 

Hi philli, I think you know that the period issue is OCD so I won’t go into that much here as u have been given good advice on the issue before. I wanted to tell you that I was dreadfully agoraphobic 2yrs ago, I mean seriously awful where I “couldn’t” leave the house at all, it just ruined everything, I was terrified of everywhere and everything and extremely afraid of a public panic attack because being outside did give me HUGE anxiety. 2yrs later and I have made major improvements, I still rarely go anywhere alone, I will go to my children’s schools alone now if they ring me and the kids are sick and need picked up (frequent calls about my son who has OCD), I go to doctors appointments alone now, the local shop and my friends house around the corner by myself, longer shopping trips I bring someone along with me because I still have some fear about the duration I have to be in some places! I’m planning on nipping that in the bud over the next while, I did this all very gradually, at first I’d go in the car and let my partner go into the local shop, after a while I’d go in with him but leave after a minute or two, then I stayed longer, then I went in alone and he sat in car until I gradually built up the courage to walk down myself. I done a hierarchy and slowly but surely worked my way up, you can do it too!!! I never would’ve believed in a million years i would ever leave the house again, it was my safe space and everything else was too overwhelming, but I was miserable and now I make sure I get out of the house, even if just for a few minutes everyday as I cannot stand the thought of not leaving the house at all anymore! It’s ridiculously hard and very painful but totally and utterly worth it, it’s soooo rewarding as well. Please don’t live your life stuck inside, remember the only thing standing in your way is anxiety and anxiety can’t hurt us, the more you do it the less anxiety you will have! Xx

Great work Wonderer, exactly the right approach. 

Whatever the fear of going out, or going somewhere, is, it can be removed gradually using this methodology. 

Edited by taurean
11 hours ago, Caramoole said:

Well Done Wonderer and good advice :)

10 hours ago, taurean said:

Great work Wonderer, exactly the right approach. 

Whatever the fear of going out, or going somewhere, is, it can be removed gradually using this methodology. 

Thanks guys!!! Still a ways to go but I’m gonna keep going forward! Xx

2 hours ago, helen10937 said:

Tmi

It is not TMI (it means too much information, by the way Caramoole). This is an OCD forum where people are free to talk about their obsessions in order to get help. If the content of someone's obsession makes you uncomfortable then don't read the thread or don't comment on it.