Will I ever be guilt-free? Cause it's the worst OCD symptom for me right now. Not the intrusive thoughts, not the sensations, the guilt. It makes me feel awful to the pit of my stomach... I know OCD produces the guilt and I know I shouldn't feel guilty for being experimenting these variety of symptoms that I didn't even ask for. Why do I have to suffer so much I don't see the end of this... Well I do see an end... 

I think this thread is another way to get reassurance.  Could that be true Lily?

Or put another way, what outcome did you want from starting the thread?  Reassurance? Sympathy? Advice?

I understand the abject frustration but sometimes it helps to pause and ask ourselves these questions

5 minutes ago, Caramoole said:

Or put another way, what outcome did you want from starting the thread?  Reassurance? Sympathy? Advice?

I understand the abject frustration but sometimes it helps to pause and ask ourselves these questions

Hmm you're right 

Just now, Ashley said:

Again, I ask this. You feel guilty, other people will feel guilt too and other emotions. But what can you or will you do to change and feel differently Lily?

I don't know, maybe start with why should I feel guilty if I didn't choose to have this disorder? 

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

You could, but that's short term for today... .What you could or should do is start creating a plan of action to get rid of the disorder.

And what plan that might be? 

Edited by lily17

Well that's your job to create your own recovery plan, but I have to say many of your threads on here have had plenty of replies with suggestions towards helping you.

But any recovery plan is only effective if the person A) want it and B) will work to implement it.

31 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Well that's your job to create your own recovery plan, but I have to say many of your threads on here have had plenty of replies with suggestions towards helping you.

But any recovery plan is only effective if the person A) want it and B) will work to implement it.

I see your point, thank you

54 minutes ago, lily17 said:

And what plan that might be? 

I'm really surprised to see you ask that Lily.  For months and months we've been giving advice and suggestions as to how you might do this....or start to do this.  I've specifically talked about how you could/should form a plan to help you deal with your OCD.  You're seeing a therapist on a regular basis.....and yet despite this don't seem to have taken many steps to change your approach.

OCD isn't just going to go away because you've read something or had a question answered.  We understand how real, convincing, frightening, devastating it is when we have these thoughts, we get it.  But despite that, we also understand that as sufferers we have to put the work in, we have to change how we respond & react when these thoughts hit us.  Not for a few minutes or an hour or so but over and again and that's why you need to have a plan and intention to put it into practise.

You're a young woman Lily with your whole life ahead, don't let it be ruined.  You have a choice, you have information, you have professional support....time t o change your approach.

7 minutes ago, Caramoole said:

I'm really surprised to see you ask that Lily.  For months and months we've been giving advice and suggestions as to how you might do this....or start to do this.  I've specifically talked about how you could/should form a plan to help you deal with your OCD.  You're seeing a therapist on a regular basis.....and yet despite this don't seem to have taken many steps to change your approach.

OCD isn't just going to go away because you've read something or had a question answered.  We understand how real, convincing, frightening, devastating it is when we have these thoughts, we get it.  But despite that, we also understand that as sufferers we have to put the work in, we have to change how we respond & react when these thoughts hit us.  Not for a few minutes or an hour or so but over and again and that's why you need to have a plan and intention to put it into practise.

You're a young woman Lily with your whole life ahead, don't let it be ruined.  You have a choice, you have information, you have professional support....time t o change your approach.

I should be going to a day care centre in about month that as well as my therapist and your support I should be healed in a few months IF I collaborate and now I feel like doing anything so yes I'm gonna start to do things right 

Your a young girl lily with your whole life ahead of you, don’t spend the rest of your life living in fear of doubt or what ifs :( your thoughts aren’t evidence or facts they are doubts and what ifs and nothing more, all caused by this dreaded disorder. Start today make a plan and slowly start to move forward, one day at a time :) 

Come on flower, you can do this :cheer:x

8 minutes ago, lostinme said:

Your a young girl lily with your whole life ahead of you, don’t spend the rest of your life living in fear of doubt or what ifs :( your thoughts aren’t evidence or facts they are doubts and what ifs and nothing more, all caused by this dreaded disorder. Start today make a plan and slowly start to move forward, one day at a time :) 

Come on flower, you can do this :cheer:x

Thank you so much lost! Xx

15 minutes ago, Caramoole said:

You can start the work right now, you don't need to wait for a day care centre.  You can review what you've learned and make a plan  and start to put it into action right now.

Yeah, will definitely do. Thank you 

52 minutes ago, lily17 said:

Thank you so much lost! Xx

Your welcome lily :) think positive, make a plan and stick to it, start with the least anxiety provoking one first and then when this one no longer bothers you move onto the next one, working through one at a time :yes: you will have setbacks but that’s when you will learn the most so don’t worry, just pick yourself up and start again. Believe in yourself lily, you can do this :cheer:x