Made eye contact with woman - guilt guilt guilt

I was waiting at the train station the other day where I happened to make eye contact with a pretty girl. She turned away, but I looked again to admire her. She then looked at me and we made eye contact again, then both looked away. I then noticed she was looking at something near me, and thought she might look at me again, which she did. So we made eye contact a third time! Then train then arrived and I've spent the whole time since feeling like a creep and feeling unfaithful to my amazing wife.

I had no interest in doing anything with the girl, but I feel I need to tell my wife which would no doubt upset her. Is this a spike or something I should genuinely feel bad for and should tell her?

Many thanks.

- gav

It was a minor incident that should be forgotten. You are wanting to confess, which is a compulsion, which you should avoid like the plague. Nothing good comes from doing compulsions. Try to put this out of your mind. Thoughts of that incident might pop into your head, but do your best to leave them alone.

Dont tell her, it will only be a matter of time that some new thought comes into your head that something youve said/done is wrong...Your wife would probably be annoyed at the fact your telling her as if you have done something wrong. You havent physically done anything wrong. You've looked at someone your allowed to look your allowed to think people are good looking im sure your wife has looked at people before. Its not like you've cheated on her. Its the OCD that thinks its bad. Take it from someone who has almost ruined their relationship through confessing EVERYTHING i think iv done wrong. Nothing good come out of confessing small things that you will more than likely not even remember in a months time.

I can tell you from experience,you want to tell her to get it off your chest,its selfish because your guilt is put on to her and turned into her insecurities,you have to think why you want to confess,and im sure your brain will say because she deservs to know.

ocd lies,i nearly lost my wife by confessing normal things like this,not because she thought id done wrong but because i was cruel to tell her

Guest UncleWibble

Gav - it's OK. You admired a pretty girl. Nothing wrong with that. And you were in a train station, not a pickup joint.

So you paid a compliment non verbally and passed on your merry way, and that's the end of it - really :)

This is an exaggerated OCD reaction to perfectly normal human activity. OCD loves playing the guilt card, but there is nothing you need feel guilty of.

Pretty girls and handsome men are used to this and I doubt would have it otherwise. At the age of nearly 65 I don't turn so many female heads anymore and I regret that!!!

Edited by taurean

Thank you so much everyone. I really appreciate the help. I find it so hard to tell the difference between what's something I should actually feel guilty about and what not to :-/

Gav its OK to look its natural. I'm sure women do the same. We have hormones and so what if you thought she was attractive its natural to think that way. Maybe she thought the same....

If you staring then that might be a bit rude but it was just moment of subconscious thought.

We can't control our thoughts.